Naran Sports & Outdoors Tips by WAHEEDASLAM Top 5 Page for this destination
Naran Sports & Outdoors: 11 reviews and 14 photos
Golden Trout fish
If your idea of a dream vacation includes trout fishing in some of the most a picturesque surroundings in the world, PAKISTAN is the place for you. Northern land of Pakistan offers excellent trout fishing from May to September, against awesome backdrop of towering mountains, vast undulating valleys are dotted with scores of serenely placid lakes and criss-cross by turbulent rivers, fast flowing streams and whispering brooks. Most of them virtually crawling with brown and rainbow trout, relaxing on lush green banks under the shadows of trees. Fishing in heavenly environment perhaps at the highest altitude in the world. You will visit places whose virgin beauty will hold you spellbound. Nature magnificence in its raw, unspoiled form and that includes the people inhabiting these regions, friendly and gentle but shy.
Kaghan Valley has some of Pakistan?s best trout fishing and six authorized reaches in the Naran locality.The Kunhar river trout is considered best in the sub-continent.
Equipment: Fishing licences are issued by either the Fisheries Department at Naran or the Trout Hatchery at Shinu (Rs. 10 per day). You can rent the fishing rods & other equipment on rent from the local shops in the main bazaar of Naran.
Theme: Fishing Trips
Northern Pakistan has the greatest concentration of the highest peaks of the world. It has 05 peaks over 8,000 metres including the world’s second highest, K-2 (Chogori, 8611 m), 29 peaks of over 7,500 metres and 121 of over 7,000 metres. Hundreds of peaks are still lying un-climbed. This, is a great challenge for the mountaineers and mountain climbers the world over. All peaks/routes for mountaineering have been designated as open zone or restricted zone. Permits for climbing peaks in open zone, are issued by the Ministry of Tourism, within 24 hours of the receipt of application. However, for peaks/routes in restricted zone, permit is issued within 14 days form the date of receipt of the application in Ministry of Tourism, Government of Pakistan
Trekking area in Kaghan valley
Pakistan is a paradise for trekkers. Most of the trekking routes lies in the northern mountains of the Hindukush, the Karakorams and the Himalayas. For most of the treks, trekking season is between May to October. The Ministry of Tourism, Government of Pakistan, has defined trekking as walking below 6000 m. It has designated three zones for trekking; open, restricted and closed. Foreigners may trek anywhere in open zone without a permit or services of a licensed mountain guide. For trekking in restricted zone, foreigners must pay a fee of US$ 20 per person per trek to obtain a trekking permit from the Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of Pakistan Islamabad. It also requires to hire a licensed mountain guide; buy a personal accident insurance policy for the guide and the porters and to attend mandatory briefing and de-briefing at the Ministry of Tourism, on the beginning and end of the trekking trip. No trekking is allowed in closed zones which are the areas near Pak-Afghan border and near the Line of Control with India.
More Reviews (25)
WAHEEDASLAM's Related Pages
Naran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Unforgettable Vacation In Kaghan (Kagan) Valley"
- "The valley of lovely lakes and amaizing landscapes"
- "Kaghan Valley"
- "The Paradise on earth"
- "A FAIRY TALE PLACE IN PAKISTAN.."
- "Welcome to my Naran page. Have a nice stay!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Naran
- Hotels in Naran
- Transportation in Naran
- Nightlife in Naran
- Restaurants in Naran
- Shopping in Naran
- Warnings and Dangers in Naran
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tsitsikammabos en Seekus Nasionale Park Hotels
- Travers Island Hotels
- Grants Pass Hotels
- Arkadelphia Hotels
- Columbia City
- Bad Oeynhausen
- Ilha Grande Sports & Outdoors
- Tokyo Sports & Outdoors
- Cascais Sports & Outdoors
- Ping Pong
- Boating and Marinas
- Lago di Como Sports & Outdoors
- Luanda Sports & Outdoors
- Mountain Biking
- Thasos Island Sports & Outdoors
- Kyrgyzstan Sports & Outdoors
- Ghana Sports & Outdoors
- Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region Sports & Outdoors
Badges & Stats in Naran
- 28 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Naran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Naran
Photos in NaranSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Pakistan Intro, 118 reviews, 200 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lahore Intro, 62 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hunza Intro, 25 reviews, 70 photos
- Islamabad Intro, 44 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 48 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naran Intro, 28 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peshawar Intro, 25 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glasgow Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Mansehra Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Scotland Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos