"The Mountain of the Bear" Medvednica by polardabar
Medvednica Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 51 photos
Medvednica is a mountain north of Zagreb & the whole thing is a big park of nature. Since I had sports with my university gang there, I have tons of funny memories from there... :) The highest point's called Sljeme & it lies on about 1035 m. There are marked paths which can lead you to the TV tower or to numerous mountain cottages where you can eat some really nice food. Yummy! :) During winter you can are also ski! A great place to get some rest when you're tired of the city!
A fortified burg built around 1250 is one of the most valuable & biggest burgs in Croatia. Its irregular plan is very interesting & there's a great view of the whole city of Zagreb from there. It's the Shrine of the Homeland with an eternal flame. Very interesting!
- Pros:A lot of fresh air, great places, nice food, peace...
- Cons:It takes you a while...
- In a nutshell:If you have time, be sure to go up there!
Medvednica is quite easily accessible & it's a great one-day escape from the city. Getting there might be a bit tougher,... more travel advice
polardabar's Related Pages
Medvednica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hiking up & around Medvednica"
- "The Nature Park of Medvednica"
- "The Mountain of the Bear"
- "Trees and more trees"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Medvednica
- Hotels in Medvednica
- Transportation in Medvednica
- Restaurants in Medvednica
- Warnings and Dangers in Medvednica
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Medvednica
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Medvednica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Medvednica
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 36 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 35 reviews, 70 photos
- Berlin Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Graz Intro, 23 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Motovun Intro, 21 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos
- Croatia Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 14 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue