"Pure perfection! :)" Taizé by polardabar

Taizé Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 46 photos

Taizé is DEFINITELY & with no doubt AT all THE ultimate place in the WHOLE wide world!!! :) I just can't name the favorite person I've met, my fondest memory, the sight I cherish the most! There's simply too much & I cherish it all the same! When I'm there, I'm a different person & I can feel everyone else is too. It's just that people come there to find something they're searching for - or simply be happy 'coz they've already found it! Camping with the best people you've ever met, just talking & enjoying your life... I've met some of my best friends there! It's heaven on Earth - just a bit hotter... :) The people are just the BEST! I love you guys! :)

Taizé is actually the name of the small village around which the camp is settled. It's actually something like a religious camp, but not quite... It was founded in 1940 by brother Roger who is still emailing prayers every day! :) Anyway, it's a brotherhood with members from all around the world, different religions, skin color, opinions etc. It's a great place to develop yourself into a person you're not at the moment. That's a great place to think about yourself & others. The daily life in Taizé consists of helping the community (washing up, cooking, cleaning, preparing whatever is necessary a.s.o.), praying, working in groups - all in all - simply living & enjoying!
The spiritual life is made of 3 daily prayers which are indescribably special! They're held in a big tent while hundreds of people sing chorals listening to prayers in dozens of languages... It simply makes you happy when you think to yourself: 'All of these people are the same now!' It's simply overwhelming & it just puts a grin on your face...
There are meetings for New year's every winter - this year it's Lisbon, Portugal. I've personally been to Budapest & Paris, which were great, but Taizé really is a thing you have to experience during the summer.

• Pros:So many great people, such a great experience!
  • Cons:It lasts TOO short! :(
  • In a nutshell:Paradise!
  • Last visit to Taizé: Aug 2002
  • Intro Updated Aug 21, 2004

polardabar

“Nothing's impossible but a wooden oven - and even that's possible once!”

Badges & Stats in Taizé