"Aaah, Delhi..." Delhi by polardabar

Delhi Travel Guide: 1,724 reviews and 4,288 photos

Well, what to say about Delhi? It's a city I got to love! People say it's just a stopover for people coming to India or leaving it [and it probably is], but it is just perfect for me! Always filled, hot, cold, rainy, busy, loud, annoying, irritating & above all maddening, but it does have a special place in my heart & my memories... I've been there five times for a couple of days, which is the perfect amount - enough to do everything you need & not too much to drive you crazy...

I loved it on the first sight - as soon as I sat in a car driven by a drunk Indian - on the left side! - in the middle of the night, full jet lagged & as out of my mind as you can imagine... The streets, the sky, the people, the houses, the air - everything made me gasp a long wow... Delhi is a crazy mixture of old & new, rich & poor, shiny & dark, happy & sad... I was amazed to see so many of its different faces. Well, I'm starting to blabber...

I just love it! :)

• Last visit to Delhi: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Sep 25, 2005

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2005 at 2:27 PM

I understand what you mean about driving. I am just back from Algeria. Priority always for older cars (they don't care for some more scars!). Priority for the boldest! Priority for trucks vs cars. Fortunately, they drive right (I mean ON the right)

• FruitLover's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2005 at 2:21 PM

I like your attitude, Balkanic guy. I like Delhi, too. Before flying back home i experienced a tourist trap of finding warehouse for luggage near the airport.[Terminal B==>Terminal A] It took me 90 min.

• hivaoa1's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2005 at 10:37 PM

I remember i had to take a bus back to Gurgaon from Connaught Place and i couldn't find it (oh well, where are bus stops signs actually?).. so funny...my friend and I were running after each single overcrowded bus and ask hahaha no signs ^__^

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2005 at 1:13 PM

Intro is great, pictures very descriptive and tips useful. Please do put some more efforts in your India pages - it is definitely an experience that deserves it!

• Tijavi's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2005 at 12:33 AM

Your tales bring back fond memories of this wonderful city...and getting lost in the maze that is Connaught Place. Greetings from Manila!

• zumodemango's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2005 at 2:12 PM

i agree with you and i also love Delhi! waiting for more!!!

• Mar 16, 2005 at 5:02 PM

i did not roll down the hill in greenwich, only because i was wearing my nice clothes which i needed for canada! lol. i cannot wait to hear about your india adventures, hurry up would you, stop eating poopin jellybeans!

polardabar Used To Live Here!

polardabar

“Nothing's impossible but a wooden oven - and even that's possible once!”

Badges & Stats in Delhi