"You think you know what paradise is?! :)" Gokarn by polardabar
Gokarn Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 3 photos
Gokarn is a small town in the Indian state of Karnataka, on the west coast of this huge country, somewhere right around the middle. It has enchanted me with its sandy beaches, palm-tree forests, never-ending sea, tasty food, amazing people & simply by itself! I spent an incredible month there [definitely now enough - not even close!], which left me with so many great memories, feelings & friends - above all, friends. As you can imagine, I'm already thinking hard of a way to go there again. :) But I am coming back!
We were situated in a small guesthouse right on the beach - but literally! When you come to the guesthouse from the town, you pass the fish market & have to fight palm leaves to get to our garden... A couple of small cottages & a chai-shop were completely enough for fifteen of us to enjoy true paradise! Sand under your feet while you're having a chocolate chapati with peanuts & a pineapple lassi; hot sand under your feet while you run as fast as you can to jump into the Arabian sea; endless nights with people who've gotten to be my brothers; laying in the hammock while the Sun is shining on your feet. See where I'm going? :)
When we got tired of our guesthouse [which was like - never! :)], we used to take walks to the village of Gokarn, have a cup of coffee, buy some fruit or lungis or ice-cream or whatever, walk down its cozy streets & enjoy the shades that cooled down my already hot head... We would just sit in a bar, rest our feet, have a cold drink & talk talk talk...
A great thing about Gokarn is that we were aware of being there all the time! We would talk about how amazing this place is, anchor in the shallow water & just look the way opposite of the horizon, stare at the palm-trees & say: 'Oh my God, we're really here!' So I can really say I enjoyed it thoroughly! I have no regrets, no things I should've or shouldn't've done - everything that happened was meant to happen! And I'm really grateful for that awareness - of being there, of resting, of talking to people, of breathing... So, besides 'Thank you, India!', I'll also say 'Thank you, Gokarn!' Thank you! :)
- Cons:I had to leave...
- In a nutshell:Heaven in Heaven!
polardabar's Related Pages
Gokarn Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Gokarn
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Gokarn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gokarn
- Posted in Travel Zagreb Forum "Re: Cheapest way to travel from..."
- Commented on one of polardabar's Gokarn travel pages
- Wrote a Review Getting to Gokarn in Gokarn Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "You think you know what paradise is?! :)"
- updated a Gokarn Travel Page "You think you know what paradise is?! :)"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 36 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 35 reviews, 70 photos
- Berlin Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Graz Intro, 23 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Motovun Intro, 21 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos
- Croatia Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 14 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue