"Kuressaare" Kuressaare by Hestia
Kuressaare Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 146 photos
Kuressaare was officially declared a town in 1563 by Duke Magnus, brother of the Danish king Frederik II.
The town centre of Kuressaare lies at its present place from the I half of the 17th century. Earlier the town center was situated closer to the castle.
The downtown with its small triangular squares took shape at the end of the 17th century and, being continuously restored, is now quite a sight.
Kuressaare is very small and one can easily take walking tours in the town.
Hestia's Related Pages
Kuressaare Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Edge of Nowhere"
- "Capital City of Saaremaa Island"
- "Kuressaare, Estonia"
- "Knighty Kuressaare"
- "Little Capital of Saaremaa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuressaare
- Hotels in Kuressaare
- Transportation in Kuressaare
- Restaurants in Kuressaare
- Shopping in Kuressaare
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuressaare
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kuressaare
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Kuressaare?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuressaare
Photos in KuressaareSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Tallinn County Intro, 38 reviews, 68 photos
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 80 photos
- Estonia Intro, 34 reviews, 41 photos
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos
- Hiiumaa Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saaremaa Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos
- Muhu Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Berlin Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Dublin Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inari Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos