"Viljandi" Viljandi by Hestia
Viljandi Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 46 photos
Population: 20 756 (2000. a census)
Area: 14,6 km²
Location : South-Estonia, the uplands of Sakala. From Viljandi to Tallinn - 161 km, to Tartu 81 km, to Pärnu 97 km.
Administrative status: town Viljandi is an independent unit of local authority and
the centre of the county.
In Estonia Viljandi is the sixth largest town which is especially known for its beautiful nature and rich cultural life.
Human and environment-friendly, sustainably developing Viljandi where people can live in
harmony with the nature without disturbing it.
Naturally beautiful, culturally rich and with good infrastructure Viljandi prove a nice place of recreation both for the people of Viljandi and for the visitors.
The deep lake down in the valley is an offset to the town and castle hills up on the slope. Well-known legend tells about the boatman who rows on the lake and longs for the beautiful-eyed girl.
Viljandi Tourist Information Center
Vabaduse plats 6, Viljandi Tel. +372 43 30 442
Fax.+372 43 30 442 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to get to Viljandi?
First you have to get to the capital of Estonia - Tallinn.
From Tallinn and from the other towns (Tartu, Pärnu, Kuressaare, Haapsalu, Jõhvi, Valga, Võru, Jõgeva) there is a good public bus connection.
Hestia's Related Pages
Viljandi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Viljandi"
- "Viljandi, Estonia Castle Ruins"
- "A nice and peaceful town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Viljandi
- Hotels in Viljandi
- Transportation in Viljandi
- Restaurants in Viljandi
- Shopping in Viljandi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Viljandi
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Viljandi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Viljandi
Top 10 Pages
- Tallinn County Intro, 38 reviews, 68 photos
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 80 photos
- Estonia Intro, 34 reviews, 41 photos
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos
- Hiiumaa Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saaremaa Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos
- Muhu Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Berlin Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Dublin Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inari Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos