"A tour of living history" Newgrange by Hestia
Newgrange Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 62 photos
This burial site is not only one of the oldest and largest Neolithic burial chamber in Europe but predates the Egyptian pyramids!
At the Hill of Tara, Irish myth, legend and history are one - this magical site has been home to gods and goddesses, to druids and warriors, and to Ireland's High Kings. Tara is imbued with a magical, mythical atmosphere. It is the stuff of legends, the home of gods and heroes, not mere mortals. The Hill of Tara has a strange effect on people. From up here on the heights one sees not only into the distance, but into Tara's past. Tara has more than its share of heady stories to tell - tales of intoxicating drinks, chariot-driving High Kings and old hags who transformed themselves into beautiful women.
Hestia's Related Pages
Newgrange Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Visiting Ancient Sites"
- "To Go there alone or not, that's no question, ...."
- "A tour of living history"
- "Eszter's Newgrange Page"
- "WELCOME TO MY MODEST NEWGRANGE PAGE ......:-)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Newgrange
- Transportation in Newgrange
- Warnings and Dangers in Newgrange
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Newgrange
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Newgrange?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Newgrange
Photos in NewgrangeSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Tallinn County Intro, 38 reviews, 68 photos
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 80 photos
- Estonia Intro, 34 reviews, 41 photos
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos
- Hiiumaa Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saaremaa Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos
- Muhu Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Berlin Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Dublin Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inari Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos