"19.-22.03.1998, Saariselkä" Inari by Hestia
Inari Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 36 photos
In the middle of the fells near Urho Kekkonen National Park is an international tourist center which has managed to retain its human touch, hospitality and genuine Lapp mentality. Tourism has long traditions in Saariselkä and the tourist enterprises in the area know what it takes for a successful holiday!
In addition to high-standard services, Saariselkä offers a network of well-marked hiking, ski and biking trails. The area's colorful gold history also attracts tourists. Guided gold-panning excursions are arranged to Laanila and Ivalojoki.
There are several ways to Saariselkä. Save time by plane, take a comfortable train, arrive to Saariselkä by bus, or drive your car right up to us.
Lapland's cultural traditions are based on life in arctic conditions. Inari is the center of Finland's Sami (Lapp) population. It is the site of the Sami Parliament, Sami Radio, the Sami Museum and the North Lapland Nature Centre. Three groups of Samis live in northern Lapland. Their languages enjoy official status in northern Lapland.
Reindeer herding is a traditional industry in Lapland. There are around 40,000 reindeer and roughly 700 reindeer owners in the province. Reindeer run free in the forests and fells. Their diet consist mainly of lichens and fungi. Reindeer roundups are held each autumn. Ownership is indicated by earmarks.
Daily flights from Helsinki to Ivalo Airport 1,5 hours. more travel advice
Are You making arrangements for a celebration? Do You need representing food for an event? We make You Lappish... more travel advice
Hestia's Related Pages
Inari Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Christmas at Inari"
- "Home of the Nightless Night"
- "19.-22.03.1998, Saariselkä"
- "Another planet..."
- "Home of the Sami people"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Inari
- Hotels in Inari
- Restaurants in Inari
- Warnings and Dangers in Inari
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Inari
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Inari?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Inari
Photos in InariSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Tallinn County Intro, 38 reviews, 68 photos
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 80 photos
- Estonia Intro, 34 reviews, 41 photos
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos
- Hiiumaa Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saaremaa Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos
- Muhu Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Berlin Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Dublin Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Inari Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos