"A Little Bit of Dickens and a Precious Little Port" Newburyport by gilescorey
Newburyport Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 59 photos
And why is it so? How is Newburyport overlooked to the extent it is? Don't get me wrong, I have no desire to find this charming village overrun by sagging socks and sandals, nor gelaterias, but with so much curb appeal, it's difficult to understand.
Perhaps the fact this village stays such a secret is rooted in the glory of other regions of Massachusetts, and New England. Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, Stowe, Bar Harbor, Newport, Kennebunkport...these are the names one immediately thinks of when they imagine picturesque New England getaways. Cape Ann and the North Shore, more densely populated and strongly linked with Boston get chucked to the side. More for you and me to enjoy....some afternoons on Plum Island, lawn concerts at the Crane Estate, house tours in Manchester-by-the-Sea and a good bar brawl in Gloucester. It's a little old corner of paradise, with Newburyport as her crown.
- Pros:walkable charm and promenade.
- Cons:not many good restaurants, and slightly "over" revitalized.
- In a nutshell:Classic New England, Easily Accessible
gilescorey's Related Pages
Newburyport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Newburyport ~ history, architecture, boating"
- "Downtown Newburyport"
- "Newburyport is Quaint in a Modern Sort of Way"
- "Newburyport, Massachusetts"
- "shailja's new Newburyport Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Newburyport
- Restaurants in Newburyport
- Shopping in Newburyport
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Newburyport
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Newburyport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Newburyport
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: best websites for job hunting"
- updated a Newburyport Travel Page "A Little Bit of Dickens and a Precious Little Port"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Little Bit of Dickens and a Precious Little Port"
- Commented on one of TempNomad's Newburyport travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 76 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 20 reviews, 20 photos
- New York City Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seattle Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Hampshire Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- Cape May Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos