"Mad, Mean, Stylish, and Proud...CHICAGO!!" Chicago by gilescorey
Chicago Travel Guide: 5,942 reviews and 12,203 photos
One free ticket within the continental U.S., and no more than three days to skip out on my job in Los Angeles...well where else could I go?
Chicago is a revelation. A big, marauding bully of a town standing sentinel over the center of America, the Windy City is all you've been told. Gritty, urbane, progressive, and waaaaay stylin'!
For real, these cats know how to dress. New York could take tips. I'm serious.
Chi Town had been on my list for years, and she didn't disappoint. Well, the El was a bit of a downer...rapid transit?! My ass...
Short of the rickety old trolleys, Chicago represents the best of what an American city can be. She's proud, innovative, hard working(hard drinking), and oblivious to what YOU think of HER.
I think I'm in love.
- Pros:Urbane, Stylish, Just plain cool
- Cons:Cold Winters, Aging mass transit
- In a nutshell:Hi. My name's Giles. You available?
Chicago is known for it's bold architecture; the most famous being the early "skyscrapers" that grew up after the Great... more travel advice
After an aggravating check in at the Inn at Lincoln Park(see tips), I phoned The Majestic at the last minute, jumped a... more travel advice
gilescorey's Related Pages
Chicago Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The place I call home"
- "Captivating City of "The Big Shoulders": Chicago"
- "Never A Lovely So Real"
- "Chicago - My Favorite City in the United States!"
- "Sweet Home Chicago!"
- "Chicago - I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chicago
- Hotels in Chicago
- Transportation in Chicago
- Nightlife in Chicago
- Restaurants in Chicago
- Shopping in Chicago
- Warnings and Dangers in Chicago
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chicago
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Chicago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chicago
- Posted in Travel Los Angeles Forum "Re: What to do for 3 days "
- Wrote a Review Downtown and the Chicago River about The Chicago River in Chicago Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Downtown and the Chicago River"
- updated a Chicago Travelogue "Millennium Park"
- Commented on one of sambarnett's Chicago travel pages
Photos in ChicagoSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 76 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 20 reviews, 20 photos
- New York City Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seattle Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Hampshire Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- Cape May Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos