"My Car Nearly Died in Death Valley" Death Valley National Park by gilescorey
Death Valley National Park Travel Guide: 896 reviews and 1,904 photos
Many have escaped Death Valley. I escaped Los Angeles - and took a quick weekend jaunt to the largest National Park in the continental U.S.
Death Valley will surprise any visitor. But, I was surprised by how few people came to be surprised. DV receives a third of the visitors that Yellowstone takes in, though it is much easier to access. This will change, I believe. Someday, every visitor to Las Vegas will be sidetracking to this quirky and stunning national treasure.
- Pros:Few Crowds, Wild, Easy to reach
- Cons:Made for 4X4 travel, Summer heat tough on the family sedan
- In a nutshell:A wondrous landscape made for camping and those who "rough it"
If traveling to Death Valley from Los Angeles, the most direct route is a journey of "Wild West" proportions. Using my... more travel advice
There are few places to sit down and dine in Death Valley, particularly if you're not staying at the plush Furnace Creek... more travel advice
gilescorey's Related Pages
Death Valley National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Death Valley National Park Page"
- "Death Valley ? No, a valley of flowers !"
- "~ Blooming with life!~"
- "Into the Valley of Death..."
- "Death Valley - Land of Beauty and Contrasts"
- "Death Valley"
- "Multiple Colors in the "Death" Desert"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Death Valley National Park
- Hotels in Death Valley National Park
- Transportation in Death Valley National Park
- Nightlife in Death Valley National Park
- Restaurants in Death Valley National Park
- Shopping in Death Valley National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Death Valley National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Death Valley National Park
- 10 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Death Valley National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Death Valley National Park
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 76 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 20 reviews, 20 photos
- New York City Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seattle Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Hampshire Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- Cape May Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (9)
Latest Death Valley National Park hotel reviews
- Stovepipe Wells Village
- 629 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Furnace Creek Inn and Ranch Resort
- 1255 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Furnace Creek Campground
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 19, 2013
- Mesquite Springs Campground
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 16, 2013
- Sunset Campground
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 8, 2012