"Munchen. Money, money, money...beer." Munich by gilescorey
Munich Travel Guide: 4,378 reviews and 10,244 photos
Yes, there is a rivalry between the north of Germany and the south. Here you have Munich, the latter's largest city and crown jewel. Munchen represents the rivalry, well - it's whiter, wealthier, and more reserved than cities such as Hamburg or Berlin.
Munich's greatest charm lies in its storybook center. Having escaped the heaviest of Allied bombing in WWII, the city exudes a uniformity of Medieval ambience that can be mesmerizing. Conversely, it's dense, labyrinthine center paints Munchen more a small town than a city.
- Pros:charming, architecture, clean
- Cons:small, boring
- In a nutshell:I should go back soon and discover more...but I can't be bothered
gilescorey's Related Pages
Munich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Munich - Oktoberfest & a lot more !"
- "Brezn, Bier and Beautiful Days in Munich"
- "Munich is nature, art, events and culture"
- "The Big Village"
- "Munich - my current hometown"
- "Munich and Surroundings"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Munich
- Hotels in Munich
- Transportation in Munich
- Nightlife in Munich
- Restaurants in Munich
- Shopping in Munich
- Warnings and Dangers in Munich
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Munich
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Munich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Munich
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 76 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 20 reviews, 20 photos
- New York City Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seattle Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Hampshire Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- Cape May Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos