"Philadelphia (Old City)" Philadelphia by Tygerbeetle
Philadelphia Travel Guide: 2,214 reviews and 4,547 photos
the Old City (or Old Town) neighborhood in Philly is a fun place to hang out. In a small area, you'll find local bars, posh restaurants, a hipped-up diner, and interesting shops. The Old Town area is between Front and Sixth Streets, Vine Street to the north and Walnut Street to the south, with Independence Park right nearby.
Buddakan (325 Chestnut) is always a good bet for exotic drinks and excellent food. The sashimi is excellent, and the Angry Lobster dish is massive (enough for 3 people) and very tasty. The Continental Diner (2 Market Street) has a nice brunch, good drinks & food, and centrally located to Market Street shops
Cuba Libre (10 S. 2nd) always has a good vibe, a big dance floor, and in warm weather the doors open out to the street. Check out Lounge 125 (n a parking garage) for after hours house/techno and the retro thrill of being able to smoke in a club. Cigarette machine inside the joint, too.
- In a nutshell:Low key and lots of fun
Cubra Libre has Cuban decor, 2 levels with a view of the dancefloor from the top level, a big dance floor, and terrific... more travel advice
Fashionable lounge decor, good music, excellent exotic cocktails. Every time we come here, the service and food are... more travel advice
Tygerbeetle's Related Pages
Philadelphia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fantastic Philly! My homebase."
- "Philadelphia - Birthplace of the U.S.A!"
- "PHILADELPHIA--Brotherly Love And More"
- "Philadelphia and the Delaware Valley"
- "City of Brotherly Love"
- "I LIKE my history with a shot and a beer!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Philadelphia
- Hotels in Philadelphia
- Transportation in Philadelphia
- Nightlife in Philadelphia
- Restaurants in Philadelphia
- Shopping in Philadelphia
- Warnings and Dangers in Philadelphia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Philadelphia
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Philadelphia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Philadelphia
Photos in PhiladelphiaSee All Photos (7)
Top 5 Pages
- Philadelphia Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Mackinaw City Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Badlands National Park Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Reykjavík Region 2 reviews
No friends yet.