"Boscombe" Boscombe by LouiseTopp
Boscombe Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 53 photos
Very many shops are now open in the Sovereign Centre, making Boscombe an exceptional shopping centre. Many of the shops such as Lidl (a German food chain) & Wilkinson?s sell superb value goods at keen prices. There is a good range of shops accessible - telephones, pine furniture, post office, greengrocer, clothing, Shopping in Boscombe is more mixed than in Bournemouth Centre, with a good choice of smaller shops; although an American Company, Hughes has just taken over what was the former Co-op.
If you walk down Sea Road towards the Pier & turn left slightly uphill, you will come to the Boscombe Cliff Gardens, which finally lead into the Italian gardens. This is but a short walk from Wrenwood Hotel. If you walk along the cliff top at Boscombe in the evening, towards Southbourne through the cliff Gardens, it is occasionally possible to see a magnificent sunset as the beach runs due east-west. You can make out Boscombe pier in the forefront & if you look carefully you can also see Bournemouth pier exactly one mile to the West. Quite often in the evenings, principally on breezy days you will see many surfers in the sea close inland as under the right environment surfing is good on Boscombe beach. Sometimes you will see hang gliders & even gliders flying only a couple of hundred feet above the cliffs as when a southerly wind strikes the cliffs it causes an up-current of air adequate to support a glider. you can even go for Balloon Rides when you come to stay at Wrenwood Hotel. The Balloon is in the lower Gardens in Bournemouth & in most weathers it is possible to take a flight to 1000 feet to see a Panorama of Bournemouth.
On your way to Boscombe Market, (which is open on Thursdays & Saturdays) from Wrenwood Hotel as you walk up Sea Road, you will see the pedestrianised shopping area in front of you.
- Pros:Lovely shops, great pier,
- Cons:Has a drugs problem, dodgey @ night
- In a nutshell:Lovely sea side town
LouiseTopp's Related Pages
Boscombe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Boscombe. Near Bournemouth. Devon."
- "Mudeford ,Dorset"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Boscombe
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Boscombe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boscombe
Photos in BoscombeSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salisbury Intro, 47 reviews, 63 photos
- Blackpool Intro, 14 reviews, 72 photos
- Newquay Intro, 17 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wiltshire Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bournemouth Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hampshire Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Devon Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Portsmouth Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Glastonbury Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos