"Fantastic Halifax" Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax by PA2AKgirl

Halifax Travel Guide: 987 reviews and 1,902 photos

DEFINITELY WORTH THE TRIP

After dealing with semi crappy weather all week, we finally received a break in Halifax. I couldn't have asked for a better place to have wonderful weather, but I would have loved it in any kind of weather condition. There is so much to do here, it's beautiful, the people are friendly and it was definitely worth the trip.

We certainly didn't get to spend enough time here, but enough to know we're coming back. From the nightlife to the cafes in the morning and from the public gardens to the historic waterfront, everything fell into place exceptionally in Halifax. I envy those of you who live there...though admittedly, I don't know what your winter is like.

• Pros:Lots to do, friendly, waterfront city, beautiful
  • Cons:didn't spend enough time here, a bit hard to get to by car
  • In a nutshell:I LOVE Halifax (and Nova Scotia in general)
  • Last visit to Halifax: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 26, 2004

• omidamini's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Thanks for good information, I hope see you here in my country.

• tvor's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2005 at 11:08 AM

Sounds like you saw a lot of my city in a short time! Glad you liked it. btw that will be the Spring Garden Road library not Spring Hill.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2005 at 2:45 AM

Maybe he was a shy bagpiper, lol! We are hoping to get to Nova Scotia this year, so a very helpful page, thanks Katey. Great tips Halifax does look a nice city. Take care (~_~)

• marcoparco's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2004 at 2:33 PM

i REALLY LIKE YOUR PAGE. sAW MANY OF YOUR TIPS LAST TIME i WAS THERE. iT IS A GREAT CITY!!!

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2004 at 2:53 PM

Very well done page. Your tips are well written and quite alot of fun. I would like to go back to Halifax but the big blueberry was really scary.

• Tourtech's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2004 at 8:48 PM

Sooo glad to hear you enjoyed Halifax. We are from Nova Scotia and we lived outside of Halifax. We now live in Toronto, but we love to go back to Nova Scotia to party and visit. Safe travels from travelling Canadians.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2004 at 7:20 AM

You've built up an amazing page here since I first checked! Great photos and tips, I love this city too! Especially enjoyed your thoughts on the Churchill statue & nice to see the Gardens are OK after Hurricane Juan last year!

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2004 at 8:42 AM

Halifax looks great! Mighty scary giant blueberry though. Lou has a thing for cigars, I'll keep that place in mind. Love the pic of Bobby with the Bagel! :)

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2004 at 10:22 AM

I like cities that don't blindly raze old buildings in favour of the new and, instead, create a vivid contrast between old and new. Nice accounting so far on Halifax, I'll be back for more.

• virtualpatrick's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2004 at 6:26 PM

The MTT building behind the waterfront picture is where I worked on a project for a handful of months!! I love Halifax the fact that you can walk to everything - I even did not mind doing that in the middle of winter. Did you eat at the Five Fishermans?

PA2AKgirl

“A pet should not have a wardrobe”

Badges & Stats in Halifax

Have you been to Halifax?

Latest Activity in Halifax