"Worlds End" Worlds End State Park by PA2AKgirl

Worlds End State Park Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 10 photos

Unlike a lot of VTers, my family didn't do much traveling with me as a child. My parents were older when they had me, so I somehow got pawned off onto my sisters who already had children on their own. Their children were around my age (huge age difference between my siblings and me) so it made sense because we were all very close and got along well.

The first trip I remember taking with my sisters and their kids was to Worlds End. I was 6 or 7 and for a week we stayed in a cabin, hiked, swam, had campfires, etc. It was the greatest week I had ever had to that point. Mostly, my family went to the beach in the morning and played in the creek--on the rocks, in the afternoon, as best as I can recall. Meanwhile, I attended Jr. Ranger programs, earned my badge for the week and knew right then, I wanted to be a park ranger. Yep, my nieces and nephews made fun of me, and I was a dork (I even had the Ranger Rick stickers on my bike) but I didn't really care...I thought it was the greatest job ever.

Until this past summer, I hadn't really gone back to Worlds End. Perhaps I always wanted it to remain that unblemished childhood memory...things are often disappointing when revisited. But I did it...18 years later. The whole park was laid out differently--new funding, higher visitation and other changes that can occur over this long span of time.

I quickly stopped by on my way home from a VT meeting w/ Kazander in Dushore in early August and it was still definitely beautiful. When Bobby was in Pennsylvania, I wanted him to see this place too...not just for the natural beauty but because of what it meant to me. I had such great memories there as a child and I wanted to share them with someone who had quickly become one of the most important people in my life. It was a perfect day, too...and Worlds End continues to be a place of beginnings for me.

• Last visit to Worlds End State Park: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 5, 2004

• themajor's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2005 at 12:45 AM

Loyalsock Creek?! What a delightful and extraordinary name. What, one wonders, would a traitorous sock look like??

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2004 at 7:52 AM

Lou and I will have to plan another roadtrip here, breakfast in Dushore anyone? We're looking for a good fall foliage spot, maybe we'll head up this way soon.

• beret's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2004 at 4:19 AM

Forksville, gateway to Shunk. Hiked the Loyalsock trail through here. Major camera malfunction (user was an idiot). Not a picture exists of it.

• morgane1692's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2004 at 3:45 PM

where in PA could this be, other than very near to Oil City! the very definition of World's End, in my book...;-O Have you been...? Lost in time, that town...

PA2AKgirl

“A pet should not have a wardrobe”

Badges & Stats in Worlds End State Park

Have you been to Worlds End State Park?

Latest Activity in Worlds End State Park