"Worlds End" Worlds End State Park by PA2AKgirl
Worlds End State Park Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 10 photos
Unlike a lot of VTers, my family didn't do much traveling with me as a child. My parents were older when they had me, so I somehow got pawned off onto my sisters who already had children on their own. Their children were around my age (huge age difference between my siblings and me) so it made sense because we were all very close and got along well.
The first trip I remember taking with my sisters and their kids was to Worlds End. I was 6 or 7 and for a week we stayed in a cabin, hiked, swam, had campfires, etc. It was the greatest week I had ever had to that point. Mostly, my family went to the beach in the morning and played in the creek--on the rocks, in the afternoon, as best as I can recall. Meanwhile, I attended Jr. Ranger programs, earned my badge for the week and knew right then, I wanted to be a park ranger. Yep, my nieces and nephews made fun of me, and I was a dork (I even had the Ranger Rick stickers on my bike) but I didn't really care...I thought it was the greatest job ever.
Until this past summer, I hadn't really gone back to Worlds End. Perhaps I always wanted it to remain that unblemished childhood memory...things are often disappointing when revisited. But I did it...18 years later. The whole park was laid out differently--new funding, higher visitation and other changes that can occur over this long span of time.
I quickly stopped by on my way home from a VT meeting w/ Kazander in Dushore in early August and it was still definitely beautiful. When Bobby was in Pennsylvania, I wanted him to see this place too...not just for the natural beauty but because of what it meant to me. I had such great memories there as a child and I wanted to share them with someone who had quickly become one of the most important people in my life. It was a perfect day, too...and Worlds End continues to be a place of beginnings for me.
At the top of the Canyon Vista drive, you'll find a trail that leads to the "rock garden" Before this year, I hadn't... more travel advice
If you've never visited, perhaps this is the best place to start. To me, Worlds End resembles that of a National Park in... more travel advice
PA2AKgirl's Related Pages
Worlds End State Park Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Worlds End State Park
- Hotels in Worlds End State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Worlds End State Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Worlds End State Park
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Worlds End State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Worlds End State Park
Photos in Worlds End State ParkSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska Intro, 64 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 52 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sitka Intro, 43 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lewisburg Intro, 34 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 30 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 29 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mobile Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn Intro, 23 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues