"A Town of Chocolate" Top 5 Page for this destination Hershey by PA2AKgirl

Hershey Travel Guide: 102 reviews and 240 photos

The Sweetest Place on Earth

Hershey, Pennsylvania is a town built entirely on chocolate--purposely. Milton Hershey developed this town for his chocolate empire and tourism. Over 100 years later, this is still the primary purpose of Hershey.

It's called the "Sweetest Place on Earth" and may be--the streetlights are in the shape of Hershey Kisses and while walking anywhere in the town or nearby, you can always smell the aroma of chocolate.

There are lots of attractions here--for families, mostly. HersheyPark, Zoo America, Hershey's Chocolate World, Hershey Gardens, the Hotel Hershey, Hershey Arena, the Hershey Outlets, the Hershey Museum...as you can tell from this list alone, it really does only cater to tourists:))

• Pros:Lots to do if you're a visitor/tourist
  • Cons:Not that much to do if you've been there a couple times already
  • In a nutshell:See it! This place will make you happy:)
  • Last visit to Hershey: Jul 2004
  • Intro Written Jul 1, 2004

• kschatterbox's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2007 at 6:53 AM

So how does the Hershey song go? :)

• themajor's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2005 at 12:54 AM

Hershey might seem deliciously enticing now Katey but just wait until you get to Vienna. The city is stunning and the chocolate is heavenly. My favourite place AND my favourite weakness - an unbeatable combination! Very jealous!!

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2004 at 10:26 AM

I thought everything in Hershey was made of Chocolate!! I've always dreamed of visiting Hershey and just eating chocolate for days!!

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2004 at 10:14 AM

I am going to Hershey Park on Tuesday.

• Yubert's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2004 at 10:43 PM

How do I get to Hershey? Is Hershey Highway the fastest way?

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2004 at 2:09 PM

When we lived in PA we took our kids to Chocolate World several times a year and topped the day off with a hot fudge sundae. I would love one now. Great tips - definitely a top 5 in the making.

• gregoryr1m's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2004 at 5:02 AM

You really put up a page for Hershey.... I looks like a nice town and I can smell the chocolate already. ;*)

• jrs1234's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2004 at 3:08 PM

Mmm - chocolate :-)

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2004 at 3:04 PM

Haven't been to Hershey since I was a kid! That hotel sounds fabulous! I could use a day lounging at a chocolate spa...

PA2AKgirl

“A pet should not have a wardrobe”

Badges & Stats in Hershey

Have you been to Hershey?

Latest Activity in Hershey