Brooklyn Nightlife Tips by PA2AKgirl Top 5 Page for this destination
Brooklyn Nightlife: 29 reviews and 37 photos
If you get up to Smith street, you're set for the night. You can find parking on the street (I didn't have any problem, but we got there early) and just roam from bar to bar.
Here's a few of the many many places to go in this area:
Angry Wade's 224 Smith 718-488-7253
This place is corner bar with lots of room inside--pool tables and such, if you like shooting pool. It's described as an "urban ski lodge" that has fireplaces and a cozy atmosphere.
Halcyon 227 Smith 718-260-9299
This place is a coffee shop/music store/gift shop/lounge/dance place all in one. Very interesting and very loud. OH! It also has a rotating art gallery. I like going here a little earlier.
The Brazen Head Altantic Ave. at Smith Street.
Just a nice regular bar--I feel very comfortable here.
There are a lot more, but I think I'm going to run out of room. The Bar, The Bar Below, etc. All in the same area.
Dress Code: I'd dress up a little bit, but it's nothing like the scene in Manhattan.
Address: Smith Street
Directions: Oh, I suggest looking at Mapquest or something for directions. There are lots of little streets that you can take as alternatives...depends upon the time of day and the way you're getting there.
Theme: Eating and Drinking
group dancing at Cliffords
Now, I don't know if this is nightlife, necessarily, but it's definitely a place to go just hang out and have a few beers. This bar is great, but not for everyone, I don't think. If you are looking to meet someone or hook up for the night, then this isn't the place. If you're looking to avoid covers, have good conversation and feel a little bit like you just walked into Cheers and you're Norm, this is the place to go:) The music is great--it's older stuff--they even have the "Mob Hits" CD collection--you'll hear Frank, Patsy Cline, Clapton, CCR, lots of things from the 50's/60's. And these people have been going to this bar forever...great neighborhood stories about how Brooklyn used to be. And there's dancing...take a look at the picture:)
AND, often someone will go on a food or cigarette run for you...you can trust these people.
Dress Code: Haha, you could walk in here with a bathrobe and I don't think anyone would care. Clothes are probably a good recommendation.
Address: Flatbush at Highlands
Directions: Highlands..lots of buses stop in this area. There's a great pizza place across the street too.
More Reviews (21)
- See All A Brooklyn Landmark
- See All Neighborhoods--Brighton Beach
- See All Historic Aircraft Restoration Project
- Surprisingly good fishing
- Community Gardens
PA2AKgirl's Related Pages
Brooklyn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brooklyn can't be Beat"
- "NYC's unlikely destination"
- "I was born in this town...."
- "A stop along the way"
- "Another NYC Borough"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brooklyn
- Hotels in Brooklyn
- Transportation in Brooklyn
- Nightlife in Brooklyn
- Restaurants in Brooklyn
- Shopping in Brooklyn
- Warnings and Dangers in Brooklyn
- See All...
Explore the World
- Maccagno Inferiore
- Pudu Ulu
- Elmsford Hotels
- Puntarenas Hotels
- Hanover Hotels
- Flathead Lake State Park - Finley Point Unit Hotels
Badges & Stats in Brooklyn
- 23 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Brooklyn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brooklyn
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska Intro, 64 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 52 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sitka Intro, 43 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lewisburg Intro, 34 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 30 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 29 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mobile Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn Intro, 23 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (66)
Latest Brooklyn hotel reviews
- Howard Johnson Hotel Brooklyn
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 27, 2013
- Hotel Le Bleu
- 468 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Comfort Inn Brooklyn Bridge
- 164 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Galaxy Motel
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 3, 2013
- Marriott New York City Brooklyn Bridge
- 838 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Park Slope Inn
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Midwood Suites
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013
- Imperial Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 29, 2011
- Comfort Inn Brooklyn
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 22, 2013
- Brooklyn Motor Inn
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Baisley House Bed and Breakfast
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2011
- Red Carpet Inn
- 91 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 26, 2013
- Park House Hotel
- 59 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Brooklyn Botanical Garden- 7 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Coney Island- 15 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Brooklyn Bridge- 13 Reviews, 35 Photos
- New York Aquarium- 5 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Brooklyn Heights Promenade- 3 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Prospect Park- 7 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Grand Army Plaza- 3 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Fulton Ferry Landing- 2 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Williamsburg Bridge- 3 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Brooklyn Museum of Art- 4 Reviews, 3 Photos
See All Brooklyn Things to Do