"NYC's unlikely destination" Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn by PA2AKgirl
Brooklyn Travel Guide: 356 reviews and 752 photos
Growing up, I spent a lot of time in Manhattan--my brother lived first in the Village and then up in Midtown. I went there pretty often...his gifts to me for holidays were always trips to the city to see shows, attend galas and openings with him or just to hang out. By the time I was a teenager or so, I knew the city pretty well and was able to wander around--however, I never really left Manhattan all that much.
A couple years ago, I worked with the National Park Service--lived in Queens and Brooklyn and worked some of the time in Staten Island. While I still like Manhattan for some things, I enjoy spending my time in Queens and Brooklyn.
lived way down in the Southern part of Brooklyn and on the Rockaway Peninsula in Queens...where there is no train. For the most part, it was pretty quiet and definitely enjoyable.
There is so much to do--so many things you don't associate with New York City in these areas...and that's what I'm focusing my page on. The wide open spaces of these areas:-)
- Pros:not nearly as expensive as Manhattan, more open space, a little easier to get around
- Cons:crowded, the Belt Parkway, polluted
Everyone who knows Coney Island, knows Nathans! And anyone who is around Coney Island, should make a trip here:) Even if... more travel advice
On Floyd Bennett Field, in Hangar B, there is a group who works (in their spare time) to restore old aircraft. Tours are... more travel advice
PA2AKgirl's Related Pages
Brooklyn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brooklyn can't be Beat"
- "NYC's unlikely destination"
- "I was born in this town...."
- "A stop along the way"
- "Another NYC Borough"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brooklyn
- Hotels in Brooklyn
- Transportation in Brooklyn
- Nightlife in Brooklyn
- Restaurants in Brooklyn
- Shopping in Brooklyn
- Warnings and Dangers in Brooklyn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brooklyn
- 23 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Brooklyn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brooklyn
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska Intro, 64 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 52 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sitka Intro, 43 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lewisburg Intro, 34 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 30 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 29 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mobile Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn Intro, 23 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues