"Yosemite" Yosemite National Park by PA2AKgirl

Yosemite National Park Travel Guide: 1,506 reviews and 3,469 photos

Okay, so Yosemite is one of those places in the US that everyone seems to visit. But there's good reason...It's amazing. Unfortunately, it can be amazingly crowded too. However, some ridiculous percentage of the tourists (like 90% or something) don't really ever leave the Valley. There is so much more to the park than that, though. Having worked there for a summer, I got to see a good portion of the Park and avoided the mainstream tourist destinations.

• Intro Updated Apr 7, 2004

• goingsolo's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2004 at 2:33 PM

Fantastic page! I really enjoyed your straightforward commentary. Really wish I'd seen this page before visiting the park. :)

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2004 at 10:47 AM

Great tips and some great pages! I hope to get back to Yosemite some time again soon! Thanks, Andy

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2004 at 6:44 PM

Excellent page with very useful tips. I went to the Yosemite when I worked one year in Davis but that was too short a visit and I missed a lot. I hope to be able to get there another time and will use your tips. Thanks !

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2004 at 6:41 PM

Wow Katey ,you are really really helping us here with your great info on Yosemity ,Lori & I are not onto big expensive things so this is very valuable to us ,we will be in Yosemity in mid august and we love your info ,Thanks Katey.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2004 at 7:06 PM

Excellent "insider" tips. Make us want to head for Yosomite tomorrow.

• Anchovy56's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2004 at 7:54 AM

I know you feel uneasy at the Barbed Wire Museum with all those faces staring at you. I don't blame you for holding on tightly to your purse :o)

• Yubert's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2004 at 7:36 AM

Hmmm... so you into scat? Kinky! I like it!

• acemj's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2004 at 5:21 PM

I'll be here in a month. This helps . . . I gotta check out the PBS show too. Thanks.

• scrooge1947's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2004 at 6:28 PM

This must be one of the most well known National Parks in the world, obviosly well worth a visit.

• just4funds's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2004 at 9:38 PM

Ahh, mountains! It must have been something to see this every day "at the office." A bit more exciting than Maryville, but hey, now they've got an Applebee's! Thanks for a well-done page.

PA2AKgirl

“A pet should not have a wardrobe”

Badges & Stats in Yosemite National Park

Have you been to Yosemite National Park?

Latest Activity in Yosemite National Park