"Spring in the desert" Saguaro National Park by PA2AKgirl

Saguaro National Park Travel Guide: 213 reviews and 556 photos

I really need to work on this page. I have a ton of pictures to scan from my trip here...

We took a trip out to Saguaro in May, which had its good points and its bad ones as well. First, the cactus were in bloom which was stunning...I got up early in the morning to take walks when it wasn't too hot to see the different cactus flowers, the birds and all of the other animals. HIking during the day proved exhausting and severly dehydrating because May in the desert of Arizona is downright hot. The nights were still and camping was definitely the way to go. Overall, out of all of the deserts parks we visited (a total of 5 over a couple weeks), Saguaro was my favorite.

• Pros:Going in May made us pretty much alone in the Park
  • Cons:VERY hot time of year to go, city light pollution in some parts from Tucson
  • In a nutshell:Can't be missed
  • Intro Written Feb 29, 2004

• kazander's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2004 at 2:53 PM

It can't be missed, but I missed it:( well you can only fit so much in a week. next time. great photo!!!

• virtualpatrick's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2004 at 8:04 PM

After a long day of classes or rough exams, watching the sunsets from the western part of Saguaro Natl Park are the greatest pick-me-up.

• mht_in_la's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2004 at 12:30 PM

I liked your opening photo -- interesting perspective.

PA2AKgirl

“A pet should not have a wardrobe”

Badges & Stats in Saguaro National Park

Have you been to Saguaro National Park?

Latest Activity in Saguaro National Park