"Mobile and the Gulf Coast" Top 5 Page for this destination Mobile by PA2AKgirl
Mobile Travel Guide: 259 reviews and 671 photos
If you are not close to Mobile or from the South, a lot of people don't even consider Mobile or Alabama's Gulf Coast an option. You should! The beaches are clean, prices aren't too expensive, people are friendly, the water is beautiful. Mobile itself has good points too. Lots of things to do--from going out to shopping to cultural events. The weather, though they do get a lot of rain here (but in short amounts) is pretty remarkable. When it's hot, it's definitely HOT, but there's beaches close by so it's not bad. The winters are often mild with perhaps a couple cold days a year. The sunny, clear days are perfect.
Mobile is located close to Pensacola, Florida; Biloxi, Mississippi and New Orleans, Louisiana--all are convenient day trips and very popular places to visit. I don't understand how Mobile is so often overlooked. For me, it was my first choice for college...I graduated University of South Alabama
Everyone is so nice! I made wonderful friends with whom I'll never lose contact. This is my friend (and former roommate) Heather...we meet up from time to time when her job takes her up the Atlantic seaboard (she works as a deckhand on a personal yacht) My 1st wonderful trip to Savannah was to meet her at Thunderbolt:) We had the best time!
- Pros:Not a tourist trap, lots of history (first Mardi Gras), good fishing, close to Pensacola, Biloxi and New Orleans
- Cons:Can get a little chilly in the winter, in the city, you'll be shocked how some people just throw trash out of their cars, traffic can be somewhat congested
- In a nutshell:Mobile/Gulf Shores is a great place to go.
Clubs come and go in Mobile--it's hard to write nightlife tips because some of them change hands all the time. But Grand... more travel advice
There are 2 malls in Mobile. There are, very generically speaking, 3 regions to the city of Mobile. West Mobile, Midtown... more travel advice
- See All My favorite building in Mobile
- See All Fried Green Tomatoes
- See All The striking coast
- See All Great Location
PA2AKgirl's Related Pages
Mobile Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Mobile Page"
- "Mobile and the Gulf Coast"
- "mobile alabama"
- "Mobile is a Secret Southern Powerhouse!"
- "Alabama's Bay Port on the Gulf"
- "Sweet Home Alabama"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mobile
- Hotels in Mobile
- Transportation in Mobile
- Nightlife in Mobile
- Restaurants in Mobile
- Shopping in Mobile
- Warnings and Dangers in Mobile
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mobile
- 37 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Mobile?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mobile
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska Intro, 64 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 52 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sitka Intro, 43 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lewisburg Intro, 34 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 30 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 29 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mobile Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn Intro, 23 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues