Seward Warnings Or Dangers Tips by PA2AKgirl Top 5 Page for this destination
Seward Warnings and Dangers: 3 reviews and 6 photos
If you're going out on a boat and not used to be on Alaskan waters, please take motion sickness pills if there's even a small chance you get seasick. It will make your trip to see whales, glaciers and wildlife much more enjoyable. I'm not just saying this for you, but for the rest of us who have to be on that boat with you. We went on a whale watching cruise on a day where Resurrection Bay looked calm and glassy. When the captain mentioned getting sick and how to please do it downwind, people laughed because the water didn't look capable of making anyone queasy. Including Bobby and myself, there were about 20 passengers on this boat...the first got sick 20 minutes into the 4 hour tour. A few more went down when we reached Cape Resurrection and the swells were making it difficult to stand. Most couldn't keep their lunch down after the captain cut the motor and turned into his own wake to view a gray whale. As we neared the harbor on the way back, only 4 of us were left standing. The deck had to be washed down with buckets of water and when the boat's motor was cut, all you heard was people getting sick off the side of the boat. It wasn't warm and by this time it was raining but we had to stay outside because the cabin was like an infirmary. Everyone in there looked miserable. I personally can't stand when babies spit up and really can't tolerate hearing people get sick so rather than being able to enjoy the last half hour, I had to concentrate on not listening to the seasick passengers and finding a clean place to stand. There are motion sickness pills available for purchase inside the offices of the tour companies as well as at the grocery store...PLEASE get some if there's any risk of getting sick.
More Reviews (13)
PA2AKgirl's Related Pages
Seward Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Scenic Seward"
- "Seward - Scenery that can't be beat"
- "Jumping Around Seward!"
- "A Favorite Destination"
- "Seward and Kenai Fjords National Park"
- "Great fishing town on Kenai Peninsula"
- "Seward, a small and friendly harbor town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seward
- Hotels in Seward
- Transportation in Seward
- Restaurants in Seward
- Shopping in Seward
- Warnings and Dangers in Seward
- See All...
Explore the World
- Port Alfred Hotels
- Syabru Bensi Hotels
- Abomey-Calavi Hotels
- Douera Hotels
- Waitakere Ranges
- Albufeira Warnings and Dangers
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Warnings and Dangers
- Chincoteague Warnings and Dangers
- Bryce Canyon National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Kotor Warnings and Dangers
- Charleroi Warnings and Dangers
- Change Money
- Colonia del Sacramento Warnings and Dangers
- Punta Arenas Warnings and Dangers
- Thasos Island Warnings and Dangers
- Lloret de Mar Warnings and Dangers
- St. John's Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Seward
- 14 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Seward?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seward
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska Intro, 64 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 52 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sitka Intro, 43 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lewisburg Intro, 34 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 30 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 29 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mobile Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn Intro, 23 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (66)
Latest Seward hotel reviews
- Miller's Landing
- 154 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Marina Motel
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2012
- Van Gilder Hotel
- 71 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Best Western Hotel Edgewater
- 132 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Seward Windsong Lodge
- 135 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 25, 2013
- Hotel Seward Alaska
- 181 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express Seward Harbor
- 265 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013