United States of America Nightlife Tips by PA2AKgirl
United States of America Nightlife: 44 reviews and 29 photos
Muckleshoot in Washington. NOT our favorite
There's a been quite a few occasions where, late at night, we get the idea to drive to a casino.
Okay, so you can go during the day, but it's more fun at night and if you stay into the early morning, at a lot of places you'll have choices of machines. Plus, in most casinos, you get free alcohol. Cherokee, NC is a big exception as it's on the Cherokee reservation which is dry. But actually, it turns out coffee is better because you can play longer.
There are casino towns and cities across the country. There are also individual casinos in specific locations such as the one in Cherokee. Vegas deserves a tip of its own so I'll just talk about the smaller locations in this one. There are different kinds--ones with just machines, ones that still give out coins, ones with no penny slots at all, ones that involve cruises from the coast into international waters, ones that are on tribal land and even some that claim to be casinos but really, they are slots in a gas station. Bingo and lottery are considered gambling, but I'm not talking about those.
The ones that take cruises have sailing times--afternoon or evening. The rest are 24 hours.
Dress Code: It depends where you are and what you're doing. We're penny machine players (weak, maybe. But it lasts a long time and we often walk about with double or what we brought in) so we don't dress up. If you're a high roller, you might want to give the impression you are. Or maybe you want to be incognito. Vegas is flashier than most other places and if you're going to a show or out somewhere else, I'd dress up a bit. But in Tonopah, Nevada not that far away, it's much more relaxed. We prefer these
Directions: Check out the list of casinos from the link. They are in multiple locations
Okay, so there's a cover...that part doesn't impress me so much, but since there was a band (though it WAS country), we were okay with it. When we got in, the cover was forgotten as we reached the bar and discovered the seats are saddles. You get to drink on a saddle! That's so great. We had a great time with that. It's a bit touristy--there are other bars that are MORE touristy in Jackson Hole and there's definitely more locals here than anything else. Great bar, great people, great drinks!
Dress Code: Cowboy Hats. Jeanette and I passed up on that, though.
Address: 25 N. Cache St.
Directions: Right downtown, can't miss it...they make sure you don't miss it:)
Theme: Live Music
More Reviews (50)
- See All Alaska
- See All Nasty
- Be a fan, even if just for a day...
- See All Hotels and Reservations...
- These are my favorites:)
- See All Reliable Campgrounds
PA2AKgirl's Related Pages
United States of America Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BASAIC's USA Page"
- "A constant work in progress"
- "United States: A Melting Pot"
- "America the Beautiful"
- "Saying Goodbye to the United States of America"
- "THE UNITED STATES"
- "USA - several trips"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United States of America
- Hotels in United States of America
- Transportation in United States of America
- Nightlife in United States of America
- Restaurants in United States of America
- Shopping in United States of America
- Warnings and Dangers in United States of America
- See All...
Explore the World
- Maldives Hotels
- Miami Hotels
- Falcarragh Hotels
- Kuala Lumpur
- Montecatini Terme
- Kokomlemle Hotels
Badges & Stats in United States of America
- 509 Reviews
- 798 Photos
- 32 Forum posts
- 25 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to United States of America?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United States of America
- Posted in Travel Alaska Forum "Re: Exit Glacier Trail in Late May?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Strange stops and cultural landmarks"
- created a United States of America Travelogue "Strange stops and cultural landmarks"
- Wrote a Review Alaska in United States of America Things to Do
- Commented on one of acemj's United States of America travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska Intro, 64 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 52 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sitka Intro, 43 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lewisburg Intro, 34 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 30 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 29 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mobile Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn Intro, 23 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (66)
Top United States of America hotels
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3098 Reviews - 5880 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos
- Key West Hotels
- 2037 Reviews - 4028 Photos
- Miami Beach Hotels
- 1034 Reviews - 2092 Photos
- Kissimmee Hotels
- 181 Reviews - 351 Photos
- New Orleans Hotels
- 4180 Reviews - 7226 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 320 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Gatlinburg Hotels
- 388 Reviews - 651 Photos
- Honolulu Hotels
- 1993 Reviews - 4750 Photos
- Los Angeles Hotels
- 4385 Reviews - 8826 Photos
- San Francisco Hotels
- 9107 Reviews - 19366 Photos
- Miami Hotels
- 1273 Reviews - 2947 Photos
- Chicago Hotels
- 5885 Reviews - 12006 Photos