"Who Wants to Be a Part of It?" New York City by cruisingbug
New York City Travel Guide: 15,948 reviews and 32,178 photos
Even though we only live about 40 miles from NYC, I don't go there very often. In general, I don't like big cities as places to live, although they can be interesting places to visit. While we live in the suburbs, the Metro-North train ride is only an hour and a half, which my husband commutes every day. So, we get the best of both worlds, the quiet of the "country" (I laugh when people around here call it that. Where are the cows?) and all that the city has to offer, if we want it.
- Pros:High Income
- Cons:Crowded, High Cost of Living, Cold & Long Winter
Grand Central Terminal is home to MTA's Metro North and is a subway hub, serving commuters both to and from the northern... more travel advice
The Toys R Us in Times Square is a tourist attraction in itself. I don't know if anyone actually buys any toys... more travel advice
cruisingbug's Related Pages
New York City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A NYC GYPSY AT HEART"
- "NYC: Everyday, Something new."
- "I Heart New York."
- ""I want to be a part of it ...""
- ". : New York City : ."
- "New York City"
- "Oh, how I want to be a part of it!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New York City
- Hotels in New York City
- Transportation in New York City
- Nightlife in New York City
- Restaurants in New York City
- Shopping in New York City
- Warnings and Dangers in New York City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New York City
- 15 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 78 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New York City
Photos in New York CitySee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 18 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- New York City Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tennessee Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Lima Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos