"A Weekend at the Lake" Top 5 Page for this destination Lake George by cruisingbug
Lake George Travel Guide: 67 reviews and 84 photos
I didn't know what to expect when planning our first trip to Lake George. What I found was a cross between the Poconos and Gatlinburg but with a unique style of its own. We stayed at a cozy b&b in nearby Hadley (The Saratoga Rose), where we didn't want to leave our hot-tub and fireplace, and where the upscale restaurant downstairs served such delicious food. Our day in Lake George started out slow - many businesses were closed for the season, and it rained off and on all day. The highlight was our 2-1/4 hour dinner cruise on the Lac du Saint Sacrement steamboat - although for the price and the barely-visible scenery, we should have taken the luncheon trip. Maybe next time, when it's warmer and sunnier!
A cruise aboard the "Lac du Saint Sacrement" is a perfect way to cap off a Lake George weekend. There are several... more travel advice
Don't just look at it - get out on a boat! Even though it was cold and getting dark by the time we left, we were glad we... more travel advice
cruisingbug's Related Pages
Lake George Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Weekend at the Lake"
- "LAKE GEORGE - UPSTATE NEW YORK"
- "d6676's new Lake George Page"
- "The Adirondacks"
- "Childhood Memories"
- "Lake George Village"
- "Lake George-Land of Many Memories"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake George
- Hotels in Lake George
- Transportation in Lake George
- Nightlife in Lake George
- Restaurants in Lake George
- Shopping in Lake George
- Warnings and Dangers in Lake George
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lake George
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Lake George?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake George
Photos in Lake GeorgeSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 18 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- New York City Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tennessee Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Lima Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos