"Finding My Mayflower Roots in Plymouth, Mass." Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth by cruisingbug

Plymouth Travel Guide: 142 reviews and 274 photos

I Met My Great-great-great-great-etc. Grandmother!

This cradle belonged to my great-great-great-great-etc. grandfather, Peregrine White. I was never much into geneology and tracing my roots - I always was told that our family descended from the Mayflower Whites, but didn't know much about their story. The Whites were on the original Mayflower, and their son Peregrine was the first Pilgrim baby born in the New World, joining his brother Resolved. Sadly, William White died the first winter, but his wife Susanna remarried (to Edward Winslow, who also lost his wife to that fateful winter) and had several more children.

At Plimoth Plantation, where role players re-enact the first years of the Colony, I spoke to "Edward Winslow" and "Susanna" (not realizing yet who they were) about their lives in the New World. What an interesting way to learn about one's past!

• In a nutshell:Where it's Thanksgiving Day all year 'round!
  • Last visit to Plymouth: Mar 2006
  • Intro Updated Jul 13, 2007

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2007 at 2:07 AM

This looks like an interesting place to visit. What a pity I missed it during my trip to Massachusetts.

cruisingbug

“Have kids, will travel again someday...”

Badges & Stats in Plymouth

Have you been to Plymouth?