"Finding My Mayflower Roots in Plymouth, Mass." Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth by cruisingbug
Plymouth Travel Guide: 142 reviews and 274 photos
This cradle belonged to my great-great-great-great-etc. grandfather, Peregrine White. I was never much into geneology and tracing my roots - I always was told that our family descended from the Mayflower Whites, but didn't know much about their story. The Whites were on the original Mayflower, and their son Peregrine was the first Pilgrim baby born in the New World, joining his brother Resolved. Sadly, William White died the first winter, but his wife Susanna remarried (to Edward Winslow, who also lost his wife to that fateful winter) and had several more children.
At Plimoth Plantation, where role players re-enact the first years of the Colony, I spoke to "Edward Winslow" and "Susanna" (not realizing yet who they were) about their lives in the New World. What an interesting way to learn about one's past!
- In a nutshell:Where it's Thanksgiving Day all year 'round!
Pilgrim Hall houses a collection of the material possessions of the Pilgrims as well as numerous paintings and the... more travel advice
The Mayflower II is a reproduction of what some believed the original Mayflower would have looked like. It was built in... more travel advice
cruisingbug's Related Pages
Plymouth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PLYMOUTH, MASSACHUSETTS"
- "Plymouth : A travel 381 years back"
- "Plymouth - step back in time"
- "Finding My Mayflower Roots in Plymouth, Mass."
- "Plymouth, Home of the Pilgrims"
- "Plymouth ~ America's Hometown"
- "Plymouth, Massachusetts"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Plymouth
- Hotels in Plymouth
- Transportation in Plymouth
- Nightlife in Plymouth
- Restaurants in Plymouth
- Shopping in Plymouth
- Warnings and Dangers in Plymouth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Plymouth
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Plymouth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plymouth
Photos in PlymouthSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 18 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- New York City Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tennessee Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Lima Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos