"Katie's First Trip!" Boston by cruisingbug
Boston Travel Guide: 3,910 reviews and 8,504 photos
I've been to Boston three times now. The first time I flew in, took a cab to an interview at MIT, took a cab back to the airport, ate "chowdah" at Legal Seafoods and flew back out. The second time I was supposed to take a cruise from NYC but it was post-9/11 and the harbor was closed, so I saw Boston from a bus window and then boarded the ship. So this time it was a trip to Boston, period.
It was also our first trip with our daughter, at four months old. We planned to stay three nights but ended up cutting our trip a night short - in part because we'd seen everything we wanted to, but also because we were batting .500 when it came to getting a good night's sleep.
Boston guide literature compares the city to those in Europe, but it felt very American to me, more comparable to Philadelphia with its rich sense of history. Philly's historical sites, though, felt more like museums, with their preserved pasts, while Bostonians seem to leave little hallowed ground to rest, but rather have integrated the landmarks of the Revolutionary War with modern life.
We went to the Boston Public Garden to see the swan boats, but were disappointed as the lake there is drained in the... more travel advice
Stop #12 of 16 on the Freedom Trail is Paul Revere's House in North End. It's about a 10-15 minute walk from the last... more travel advice
cruisingbug's Related Pages
Boston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BOSTON KALEIDOSCOPE AND ITS CAST OF COLORS…"
- "IF HOME IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS-THEN I LIVE HERE"
- "The Perfect Weekend Away City"
- "Boston in a Nutshell"
- "Boston Features the Old and New"
- "Boston, baby!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boston
- Hotels in Boston
- Transportation in Boston
- Nightlife in Boston
- Restaurants in Boston
- Shopping in Boston
- Warnings and Dangers in Boston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boston
- 13 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Boston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boston
Photos in BostonSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 18 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- New York City Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tennessee Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Lima Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos