"Thanksgiving in Aruba" Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba by cruisingbug

Aruba Travel Guide: 975 reviews and 2,477 photos

A Caribbean Desert

We spent 10 days in Aruba over Thanksgiving. It was a quite different landscape than we expected - much more desert and cactus, not very lush. We also arrived just before a weeklong, island-wide blackout, which is probably one of the reasons we'd pass on Aruba next time around.
However, we did find plenty to keep us busy - horseback riding, ATVing, parasailing, and just going to the beach. The island is pretty sophisticated, with first-rate hotels, restaurants and casinos, along with the requisite Carlos and Charlie's in downtown Oranjestad.

• Pros:Plenty of activities; outside the hurricane belt
  • Cons:Dry and windy
  • In a nutshell:Worth at least one visit!
  • Last visit to Aruba: Nov 2002
  • Intro Written Apr 22, 2004

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2007 at 9:12 AM

Hello Kendra! I've never thought of taking a cruise, but after having read some of your pages I am beginning to think that it might actually be fun! Happy birthday from Finland!

• Stellaluna's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2006 at 2:24 PM

Hubby and I enjoyed Aruba in Aug. 2005. We visited a lot of the same places. I don't think Natural Bridge will be missed. It was such a disappointment even when it was still there. =)

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2006 at 8:22 AM

Nice tips on Arub, Kendra--being hurricane free is a plus!

• kidblu's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2005 at 5:00 PM

Thank you for your wonderful insights, suggestions and photos!

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2005 at 5:47 PM

Very good page. A co-worker flies down this Monday to Aruba. I see by his page that he will have a great time providing that there are no blackouts.

• May 17, 2004 at 6:21 AM

Kendra, agreat page, nice tips and albums.

• kazander's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2004 at 12:34 PM

It's been years since I've been to Aruba, thanks for reminding me of things I've seen and showing me things I didn't:)

• Apr 30, 2004 at 11:16 AM

Hi, I am a native Aruban, and I was not on the island when the black-out happened. But I would like to say, that black-outs involvinng the whole island are indeed rare, and to your bad luck it happened during your vacation.

cruisingbug

“Have kids, will travel again someday...”

Badges & Stats in Aruba