"Thanksgiving in Aruba" Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba by cruisingbug
Aruba Travel Guide: 871 reviews and 2,205 photos
We spent 10 days in Aruba over Thanksgiving. It was a quite different landscape than we expected - much more desert and cactus, not very lush. We also arrived just before a weeklong, island-wide blackout, which is probably one of the reasons we'd pass on Aruba next time around.
However, we did find plenty to keep us busy - horseback riding, ATVing, parasailing, and just going to the beach. The island is pretty sophisticated, with first-rate hotels, restaurants and casinos, along with the requisite Carlos and Charlie's in downtown Oranjestad.
- Pros:Plenty of activities; outside the hurricane belt
- Cons:Dry and windy
- In a nutshell:Worth at least one visit!
The main attraction for coming to Aruba would have to be the beaches. Lying outside the hurricane belt, Aruba is a... more travel advice
The divi divi is the symbol of Aruba and its constant tradewinds. This one was on Eagle Beach, near the low-rise... more travel advice
cruisingbug's Related Pages
Aruba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Escape from Chicago's winter to Aruba"
- "Things That Make You Go.....WOW!!!"
- "Aaaaawesome Arrrruuuuba!!!!"
- "Thanksgiving in Aruba"
- "Amapola Goes to Aruba"
- "Arid and Friendly"
- "ARUBA - CARRIBEAN PEARL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aruba
- Hotels in Aruba
- Transportation in Aruba
- Nightlife in Aruba
- Restaurants in Aruba
- Shopping in Aruba
- Warnings and Dangers in Aruba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aruba
- 18 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Aruba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aruba
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 18 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- New York City Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tennessee Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Lima Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos