"A Family Affair" cruisingbug's Profile
We're still adjusting to travel as a family, with one child having serious food allergies. We just completed a weeklong New England visit - CocoKey Waterpark in Waterbury, CT, a return trip to Narragansett, RI, which we LOVE, and Old Orchard Beach in Maine. Earlier in the summer we did a long-weekend Connecticut trip - to Bristol, including the Carousel Museum and children's museum, Lake Compounce (liked), Quassy Amusement Park (not so much), and CocoKey. It makes me sad that my passport is actually expired now, and I don't really have a reason to renew it. But someday, we will venture further afield.
My love for travelling started early - my parents took my sister and me on (mostly camping) trips all across the U.S. - from Maine to the Grand Canyon. When I was 9 we flew to Germany and Holland for our first taste of Europe (Navy base accommodations notwithstanding). In college I went back to Germany for three weeks in the summer, followed by a month in Vienna - with various side trips to Eastern Europe - and a final week in Belgium to stay with a foreign-exchange friend.
My husband and I love to visit new places and experience the world first-hand. So of course we spent our whirlwind honeymoon in the Poconos of Pennsylvania, then off to Europe: first Switzerland, then on a Mediterranean cruise to Italy, Spain and France. We've taken five more since our original honeymoon cruise eight years ago. Please see my cruise reviews under my Albums - sorry so unfinished but maybe when the girls start school...
Now that we've added to our family, we hope to take our girls all over the world!
See above. ;)
Really want to branch out but it's harder now with school schedules as well. Still itching to get back on a cruise ship - anyone with experiences cruising with food allergies, please drop me a note! We're most concerned with the lack of a hospital, even with the medical facilities, is it enough?? If we go, we'll pack all of K's food for her (except for the occasional banana or packaged cereal from the buffet).
A trip to Walt Disney World in January 2013. We'll have to find a safe flight for K, and coordinate meals/shopping once we get there. WDW is supposed to be very good about safe meals for allergic kids - K has only eaten in a few restaurants besides pizzerias.
Member since August 2002, celebrating 10+ years on VT! It all started with a trip to Aruba!
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 370 Reviews
- 384 Photos
- 18 Countries
- 86 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
- updated a New York State Travel Page "Home in the Hudson River Valley"
updated their Profile Page "A Family Affair"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Don't Miss the Doughboys!"
- cruisingbug and seagoingJLW are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Stepping Stones Museum for Children in Norwalk Things to Do
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Bad vibes from negative..."
- Commented on Segolily's profile page
PhotosSee All Photos (384)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 18 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- New York City Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tennessee Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Lima Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos