"A Family Affair" cruisingbug's Profile

A Baby Changes Everything

We're still adjusting to travel as a family, with one child having serious food allergies. We just completed a weeklong New England visit - CocoKey Waterpark in Waterbury, CT, a return trip to Narragansett, RI, which we LOVE, and Old Orchard Beach in Maine. Earlier in the summer we did a long-weekend Connecticut trip - to Bristol, including the Carousel Museum and children's museum, Lake Compounce (liked), Quassy Amusement Park (not so much), and CocoKey. It makes me sad that my passport is actually expired now, and I don't really have a reason to renew it. But someday, we will venture further afield.

Start 'Em Young

My love for travelling started early - my parents took my sister and me on (mostly camping) trips all across the U.S. - from Maine to the Grand Canyon. When I was 9 we flew to Germany and Holland for our first taste of Europe (Navy base accommodations notwithstanding). In college I went back to Germany for three weeks in the summer, followed by a month in Vienna - with various side trips to Eastern Europe - and a final week in Belgium to stay with a foreign-exchange friend.

Living from Vacation to Vacation

My husband and I love to visit new places and experience the world first-hand. So of course we spent our whirlwind honeymoon in the Poconos of Pennsylvania, then off to Europe: first Switzerland, then on a Mediterranean cruise to Italy, Spain and France. We've taken five more since our original honeymoon cruise eight years ago. Please see my cruise reviews under my Albums - sorry so unfinished but maybe when the girls start school...

Now that we've added to our family, we hope to take our girls all over the world!

Recent Trips:

See above. ;)

Future Trips:

Really want to branch out but it's harder now with school schedules as well. Still itching to get back on a cruise ship - anyone with experiences cruising with food allergies, please drop me a note! We're most concerned with the lack of a hospital, even with the medical facilities, is it enough?? If we go, we'll pack all of K's food for her (except for the occasional banana or packaged cereal from the buffet).

A trip to Walt Disney World in January 2013. We'll have to find a safe flight for K, and coordinate meals/shopping once we get there. WDW is supposed to be very good about safe meals for allergic kids - K has only eaten in a few restaurants besides pizzerias.

Member since August 2002, celebrating 10+ years on VT! It all started with a trip to Aruba!

• Intro Updated Sep 1, 2012

Personal Pages (1)

• CEP1863's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Kendra, wishing you a very happy birthday and a year filled with exciting travel!

• akkipaa's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Happy Birhtday Kendra and greetings from Finland.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Happy Birthday. PJ

• sdq's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2012 at 6:39 AM

!!!!! Happy Birthday !!!!!

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Happy Birthday wishes from the Netherlands. PJ

• takla73's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Happy Birthday

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2010 at 3:56 PM

Another year gone by and I find I am sending you another birthday greeting....I hope this finds you well! Enjoy your special day enfolded in the love of your family...

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Yes well I am at fault..have a bit too much on my HP except here in Buderim we are a much smaller community... but the danger is there. Marg

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2010 at 3:51 PM

A nice family photo!

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2009 at 8:01 AM

Hi Kendra - you're the featured member so I thought I'd stop by and say hi. We also have a new baby who has "re-structured" our travel plans but we're still going! Love Cookie Monster! Take care.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
cruisingbug's Profile Photo

cruisingbug

“Have kids, will travel again someday...”

Real Name