"The Town I Live In" Kepong by masonwong

Kepong Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 68 photos

Jungle in the Concrete World

Perhaps this is the one and only famous tourists' spot in Kepong - The Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM). It's a preserved forest, with a canopy walkway, ponds, streams, museums, jogging and cycling tracks etc. It was recently renovated.

Website: http://www.frim.gov.my

KEPONG

I moved to this town in 1984 with my family. Kepong to me is a town located strategically, because it's adjacently linked to the city of Kuala Lumpur and many famous towns such as Petaling Jaya, Sungai Buloh, Selayang, Batu Caves etc.

Also, it's a town with lots of good restaurants especially Chinese restaurants, not to mention shopping complexes, multitudinous shops, temples, etc. You can almost find everything here!

F.R.I.M. has become my jogging place nowadays. It's just 5-minute walk from my house.

Often I see foreign tourists and backpackers walking out from FRIM, and sometimes it takes them some time to catch a taxi.

So, if you happen to travel to FRIM on weekends and need a free ride after the tour to the nearest Komuter station and bus stands, let me know in advance :)

• Pros:FRIM - A good place for fresh air ~
  • Cons:FRIM - Entrance fees is required!
  • In a nutshell:Kepong - a small town with great fascinations.
  • Intro Updated Nov 15, 2014

Travelogues (1)

• fashionapple's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2005 at 1:46 AM

Mason very helpful info here, many thanks. Can i go for canopy walk any time or do i have to inform FRIM in advance? And also would it be fun goin solo? I have noted down bus routes. Thanks

• mansionion's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2005 at 7:30 AM

Hi Mason! Send my regard to Kepong lass JAC if you bum into her. Kepong folks must be proud of her after she won that Malaysian Idol. :) -m-

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2005 at 9:46 AM

i'll let you know if i can visit you on KL :) and vege again >> hmmmmm so sooooo yummy!!!

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2005 at 1:16 AM

Kepong opera huh?

masonwong

“Get rich materially with a shovel and treasure, mentally with travel and adventure.”

Badges & Stats in Kepong