"Alicante, pueblo grande" Top 5 Page for this destination Alicante by gOdOtPm

Alicante Travel Guide: 502 reviews and 1,158 photos

Concrete never sleeps

Since the late 90's Alicante has become a paradise for construction businesspeople specially, for those who doesn't care about tradition and cultural heritage. Like a little Sion that once belonged to an army of brilliant artisans, brave women and bold fishermen, my hometown fights back the invasion to its last breath, conscious that sooner or later the old Lucentum will fall overwhelmed. Local government remains clueless. Concrete never sleeps.

• Pros:Nice weather, some good restaurants
  • Cons:Alienized by tourism and clueless politicians
  • In a nutshell:A Little More than Sun and Beach
  • Last visit to Alicante: Mar 2008
  • Intro Updated Mar 26, 2008

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2007 at 3:49 AM

Excellent page!! It gave me a wonderful first impression of where we will be going next March - I am really looking forward to this trip now!

• Mette-DK's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2007 at 6:06 AM

Hi thanks for the tips, we live here in Alicante also. I have not taken the lift to the top of the castle, you are right, the walk up is so rewarding. Maybe we see you at a botellon...mike

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2006 at 8:05 AM

That's very funny, Godo, you are making your home-town VT-page three years after you became a VT-member! I liked your tips and Alicante as well which I visited this april. Hi from Moscow!

gOdOtPm Lives Here!

gOdOtPm

“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes. (Marcel Proust)”

Badges & Stats in Alicante

Have you been to Alicante?

Latest Activity in Alicante