"Peshawar..." Peshawar by TravisHenderson
Peshawar Travel Guide: 242 reviews and 333 photos
I lived in Peshawar from 1992-1995. Back then the city was crowded with Afghan refugees fleeing the violence that engulfed the country after the Russians withdrew in 1989. Peshawar is in the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) of Pakistan and is a rough and tumble city of conservative Muslim culture with a warrior undertone (Thanks to the Pashtuns who inhabit the area).
The photo is of a shop in Peshawar’s old city that makes some killer Chaplycabobs. Chaplycabobs, are shaped like a hamburger and made of meat. They are spicy and greasy. My favorite whole in the wall that serves this dish is a truck stop on the road to Swat. They give me explosive diarrhea every time no matter how long I have been acclimated to the environment of dirty food and water.
- Pros:Gun's, crazy driving and culture
- Cons:Pollution, the oppression of women
- In a nutshell:A great place for a teenage boy to grow up and have adventures....if he survives!
TravisHenderson's Related Pages
Peshawar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Peshawar to Kashgar, China,along the Karakoram Hig"
- "THE CITY OF THE SPIES...PESHAWAR"
- "One Day Trip to Peshawar"
- "Great Frontier Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Peshawar
- Hotels in Peshawar
- Transportation in Peshawar
- Nightlife in Peshawar
- Restaurants in Peshawar
- Shopping in Peshawar
- Warnings and Dangers in Peshawar
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Peshawar
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Peshawar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Peshawar
Photos in PeshawarSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Croatia Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Islamabad Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Peshawar Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Murree Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Kabul Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Turkey Intro, 1 photo
- Dallas Intro, 1 photo
- Auckland Intro, 1 photo