Sequoia National Park Hotel Tips by awayhome Top 5 Page for this destination
Sequoia National Park Hotels: 4,337 reviews and 31 photos
McKinley in his tent at Lodgepole
We ended up staying at a large campground in the heart of Sequoia National Park called Lodgepole. There are over a hundred campsites that accomodate tents and a few that accomodate trailers. The campsites are located in a grove of tall Sequoia trees adjacent to the Kahwea river with a few sites offering a great view of the Tokopah Falls.
Unique Qualities: The views from this campground are spectacular & the surrounding scenery makes this place worth the $20 a night fee. Families may also be interested in the fact that the capground has a full service market, gift shop, cafe, post office, visitor center, laundry, and most importantly showers! This may sound like an overdone campground but I assure you that the surroundings will still allow you to feel like you are rouging it in the wilds of California. There are wild bears, deer, & coyote that roam the grounds so this place isn't all that civilized.
Address: Lodgepole, Sequoia National Park
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Adjacent to the Generals Highway just past the Giant Forest.
Price: less than US$20
Entrance to the resort
Can't really describe our stay since we didn't stay there. I will say that this place is located on its own secluded wooded site adjacent to a small lake. It looks like an assortment of rustic cabins and lodgings that offer visitors a variety of outdoors activities. It may be a nice place to stay but my one chance encounter with an employee left me feeling like I'd rather avoid this place than stay here. He wasn't too happy that I drove 20 yards down their dirt road to photograph the lakeside.
Directions: Past Lodgepole on the General's Highway
More Reviews (15)
awayhome's Related Pages
Sequoia National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I Had to Tell a Tree about a Girl: Sequoia"
- "Sequoia National Park:California Family Adventure"
- "Sequoias reside in mountainous terrain"
- "The hidden park"
- "SEQUOIA & KINGS CANYON NATIONAL PARK"
- "Mother Nature strikes back again"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sequoia National Park
- Hotels in Sequoia National Park
- Transportation in Sequoia National Park
- Nightlife in Sequoia National Park
- Restaurants in Sequoia National Park
- Shopping in Sequoia National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Sequoia National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sequoia National Park
- 17 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Sequoia National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sequoia National Park
- updated a Sequoia National Park Travel Page "Sequoia National Park:California Family Adventure"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sequoia National Park:California Family Adventure"
- Wrote a Review Family time around the campfire in Sequoia National Park Nightlife
- Posted in Travel Forum "Re: Re: Good place for Honeymoon"
Photos in Sequoia National ParkSee All Photos (36)
Read real reviews about Sequoia National Park Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 33 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- California Intro, 20 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sequoia National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 7 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palm Springs Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Mexico Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ensenada Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isla Cerro La Bufadora Intro, 3 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (44)
- Tunnel Log- 6 Reviews, 6 Photos
- King's Canyon National Park- 5 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Moro Rock- 9 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Sequoia National Park- 9 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Crystal Cave Trail- 5 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Sherman Tree- 4 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Hospital Rock- 3 Reviews, 6 Photos
- McKinley Tree- 1 Review, 1 Photo
- Tokopah Falls- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- Congress Trail- 2 Reviews, 8 Photos