Sequoia National Park Hotel Tips by awayhome Top 5 Page for this destination

Sequoia National Park Hotels: 1,398 reviews and 31 photos

McKinley in his tent at Lodgepole - Sequoia National Park

McKinley in his tent at Lodgepole

Wooded Campground: Lodgepole Campground

We ended up staying at a large campground in the heart of Sequoia National Park called Lodgepole. There are over a hundred campsites that accomodate tents and a few that accomodate trailers. The campsites are located in a grove of tall Sequoia trees adjacent to the Kahwea river with a few sites offering a great view of the Tokopah Falls.

Unique Qualities: The views from this campground are spectacular & the surrounding scenery makes this place worth the $20 a night fee. Families may also be interested in the fact that the capground has a full service market, gift shop, cafe, post office, visitor center, laundry, and most importantly showers! This may sound like an overdone campground but I assure you that the surroundings will still allow you to feel like you are rouging it in the wilds of California. There are wild bears, deer, & coyote that roam the grounds so this place isn't all that civilized.

Address: Lodgepole, Sequoia National Park

Comparison: about average

Directions: Adjacent to the Generals Highway just past the Giant Forest.

Phone: 559-565-4436

Price: less than US$20

Theme: Campground

• Updated Jun 7, 2004
Entrance to the resort - Sequoia National Park

Entrance to the resort

Montecito Sequoia Resort: A wooded mountain resort

Can't really describe our stay since we didn't stay there. I will say that this place is located on its own secluded wooded site adjacent to a small lake. It looks like an assortment of rustic cabins and lodgings that offer visitors a variety of outdoors activities. It may be a nice place to stay but my one chance encounter with an employee left me feeling like I'd rather avoid this place than stay here. He wasn't too happy that I drove 20 yards down their dirt road to photograph the lakeside.

Directions: Past Lodgepole on the General's Highway

Theme: Other

• Updated Jun 5, 2004

awayhome

“....Me my life my travel..I just want to see the WORLD!!!....”

Badges & Stats in Sequoia National Park

Have you been to Sequoia National Park?

Visiting Sequoia National Park?
Read real reviews about Sequoia National Park Hotels!

Top 10 Sequoia National Park Things to Do