"Kuala Selangor - get away from the city" Kuala Selangor by wondersF
Kuala Selangor Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 170 photos
Upon arrival in a new country, all cities and international hotels would feel and look almost the same.
It would be nice, if we can find some town or settlement where the scene, the livelihood of the people seen, can representative of the country that we are visiting. Something unique about this place. In Malaysia, there is such a place, Kuala Selangor and just 60 kilometers out of Kuala Lumpur.
Kuala Selangor is at the estuary of the Selangor River, a coastal town with mangrove forests and large stretches of rice fields. The area quite isolated from the influences of big town. This is a place where the locals work hard to make their living fishing, making living out of marine products, and farming rice and coconut. The customs and the style of living have withstood the test of time. Such basic professions which little local urban urban folks seldom have a chance to see first hand.
Ask any local in Kuala Lumpur, about the specialties that Kuala Selangor could offer! They will tell you sea food and fireflies! That is all the information available.
Hardly the locals knows about the existence of forts in Bukit Melawati or Bukit Belanda where wars were fought. Dutch, English and Japanese were involved. Lighthouse another rare scenes - it was built by the Dutch. Nor the place is just a stone throw from the rice field. By the way, what is so interesting about Rice fields? Some hear about a Nature Park.
Finally coming back to what most people know. The sea food is the main attractions to lure the local, who flock here each weekend. Not missing out the famed special sights of synchronized Fireflies is unique in this town.
Perhaps I am the odd one that find interests in the many odd happenings. Why don't you explore and find out more for yourself.
- Pros:I'm a city folk, love going there again & again
- Cons:Not everyday is productive, thanks most days are
- In a nutshell:A good place to sample malaysian life
I have classified this destination as "Off The Beaten Path" as following my suggestion of visiting the KSNP involves lot... more travel advice
wondersF's Related Pages
Kuala Selangor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Selangor"
- "Kuala Selangor"
- "Natural Christmas Trees"
- "..............Kuala Selangor......................"
- "At the Mouth of the Selangor River"
- "Kuala Selanogr"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Selangor
- Hotels in Kuala Selangor
- Transportation in Kuala Selangor
- Nightlife in Kuala Selangor
- Restaurants in Kuala Selangor
- Shopping in Kuala Selangor
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Selangor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Selangor
- 3 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kuala Selangor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Selangor
Photos in Kuala SelangorSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Makassar Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos
- Kuala Selangor Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chumphon Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Malaysia Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Penang Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Samut Songkhram Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Trang Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Thailand Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.