"Gregg Lake" Hinton by Jareotto

Hinton Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 42 photos

Gregg Lake, Alberta

Gregg Lake was not available in the list of locations - so, Hinton's pretty close!
Here was the camping trip to Gregg Lake in William Albert Schwitzer Park, in Alberta, Canada.

Pic's to follow.%f

UPDATE:
OK - So, I FORGOT MY CAMERA THIS WEEKEND!!!! :S :S :S
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?
I was in too much of a rush to leave and neglected to grab my camera out of my work bag.
I am waiting on some friends that went along for some photos.
SORRY!

HOWEVER, here's the scoop on Gregg Lake.

OK, so my friend booked three campsites for us at $20 plus the advance registration fee of $6. We decided that only two were needed and six days before the trip, my friend cancelled the third site. She was not reimbursed any of the money! Isn't that terrible?
We also had more friends come out than expected, so, more tents were required. To have another tent setup cost an additional $20! :|
Now, we're up to about $40 per night.
Honestly, the sites were quite nice - although we didn't have much privacy with the next site - so that kinda sucked.
Gregg Lake apparently is quite good for fishing - we were casting off the shore and were unsuccessful. However, there are canoes to rent @ $15/hour or $45/day. Pretty reasonable. There is a store onsite as well for necessities (in case you forget something!) - including ice and ice cream!
The campground was about 25 minutes North of Hinton. We were pretty close to other lakes as well. We drove to Petite Lake and Dunn Lake (its a bit tricky and requires 4X4). Also Berland River. We tried fishing in here. No doubt it's a great river to fish - we needed more time to reach another location on the river. There is a campground here as well - so, if you're looking to fish - you may want to stay right here.
(BTW - Berland is about 30 minutes north of Gregg Lake on Highway 40)

All said and done, the location was quite beautiful - however, I am not sure if I'd go again.
We did stay over the long weekend, so, it was very busy. There was absolutely no site available on Saturday. Every site was in use. There are other campgrounds in the area for less money and closer to fishing spots than this one. However, for families - this is ideal. There were many families there.
Further questions or comments? Please let me know! I have more to say.

• Last visit to Hinton: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 3, 2004

Comments

Jareotto

“Zou ba!”