"CANADA'S ONLY BORDER TOWN!" Lloydminster by Jareotto
Lloydminster Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 57 photos
YES! Lloydminster is located in Saskatchewan AND Alberta. As such, Lloyd holds the status of being Canada's ONLY border city!
Separating the provinces, you will cross four large orange obelisks which mark the provincial border. I am at the base of one of these obelisks and YES! I'm sitting HALF in Alberta and HALF in Saskatchewan! Isn't that cool??
Lloyd is REALLY booming right now. As an oil city, there is much room for growth economically and residentially.
Not this past visit but, the one before, it rained A LOT! This is not typical. However, I guess that there has been a lot of rain lately resulting in flooding and damage to homes and businesses. Last time I was there I found Lloyd was pretty windy! Really, the weather is out of whack EVERYWHERE!!
Lloydminster is a pretty nice place. The town has everything you need. There are many places to eat out. Many hotels. (I say town, however, there are about 30,000 people living there.) There is a shopping mall as well as many other shops.
The prairies are beautiful. Later in the year, you should see VERY CLEARLY the aurora borealis - The Northern Lights. With so much sky, you might imagine the display these put on!
For more information about Lloydminster, AB/SK, please click.........
HERE! OR HERE!! OR HERE!!!
- Pros:Small town feel with all the amenities.
- Cons:The Saskatchewan part.... HAHA - Just Joking! Far from Edmonton!
Jareotto's Related Pages
Lloydminster Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shara.Buchan's Lloydminster Alberta & Saskatchewan"
- "CANADA'S ONLY BORDER TOWN!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lloydminster
- Hotels in Lloydminster
- Restaurants in Lloydminster
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lloydminster
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Lloydminster?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lloydminster
Photos in LloydminsterSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edmonton Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Banff Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Madrid Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Málaga Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Fort Saint John Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Lloydminster Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Norman Wells Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Fort Nelson Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos