"Sunriver, Central Oregon" Sunriver by karenincalifornia
Sunriver Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 20 photos
A popular family vacation spot, Sunriver is situated on the eastern flanks of the Cascade mountains in central Oregon. The location is considered high desert (although it's really forest land), which means drier, temperate weather in the summer, and winters with lots of soft dry snow without the extreme cold temperatures.
Sunriver is a favorite of ours for both summer and winter activities. Activities in the summer: golfing, kayaking, horseback riding, tennis, bicycling, exploring volcanic formations, river rafting, hiking, fishing.
Activities in winter: downhill skiing on Mt. Bachelor (30 minutes away), cross country skiing, snow shoeing.
- Pros:Wide variety of accomodations - from lodge rooms to condos to beautiful homes
- Cons:Leaving Sunriver
The Sisters are three dormant volcanoes, North, Middle and South Sister, in the Cascades with fantastic hiking. This... more travel advice
The Sisters area near Sunriver has numerous hiking trails through lush forests and with stunning views. While we didn't... more travel advice
karenincalifornia's Related Pages
Sunriver Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sunriver, Central Oregon"
- "Sunriver, Bend, Mt Bachelor, Oregon"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sunriver
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Sunriver?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sunriver
Photos in SunriverSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 70 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Rafael Intro, 53 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 43 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Todi Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Montenegro Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tahoe City Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Rome Intro, 38 reviews, 41 photos
- Estado de Nayarit Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 30 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue