"Stand up Paddle (SUP) down the Estero Americano" Valley Ford by karenincalifornia
Valley Ford Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 19 photos
Valley Ford is a tiny town (population 60) on the way to Bodega Bay from Petaluma. It has far more cows than people. What is the attraction about such a cow town? There is a very good reason to go here, if you have the right form of transportation.
Just to the west of town is a put-in point for a kayak or a stand up paddleboard (SUP). This point is known to locals but not advertised and there is no signage, so if you want precise directions, just send me a note. From this point, you will enter the Estero Americano, a wonderland of wildlife. Six miles downstream is the Bodega Bay. (Think "The Birds" and Alfred Hitchcock.)
The put-in point is a narrow creek, which is quite shallow at low tide. No whitewater experience is required. Just make sure you wear footwear that won't get sucked off in the mud while you or launching or pulling your kayak or board out of the water.
- Pros:Remote, bucolic
- Cons:No airport or casino
- In a nutshell:12 miles (round trip) of serenity
This is so off the beaten path, you may not see another soul. There is no major city close by. San Francisco is at least... more travel advice
I've learned from experience that you do not want to be anywhere near an opening to the ocean on a kayak or stand up... more travel advice
karenincalifornia's Related Pages
Valley Ford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stand up Paddle (SUP) down the Estero Americano"
- Create a Valley Ford Travel Page
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Valley Ford
- 8 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Valley Ford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valley Ford
- Posted in Travel San Juan Forum "Re: Safest and most reliable way..."
- updated a Valley Ford Travel Page "Stand up Paddle (SUP) down the Estero Americano"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Stand up Paddle (SUP) down the Estero Americano"
- Wrote a Review You might not see another soul in Valley Ford Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 70 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Rafael Intro, 53 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 43 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Todi Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Montenegro Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tahoe City Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Rome Intro, 38 reviews, 41 photos
- Estado de Nayarit Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 30 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue