Tahoe City Transportation Tips by karenincalifornia Top 5 Page for this destination
Tahoe City Transportation: 6 reviews and 4 photos
Catamarans at Lake Tahoe
Traveling around by boat is a wonderful way to see Lake Tahoe. Numerous places all around the lake offer a variety of rentals - sailboats, catamarans, ski boats, canoes and kayaks.
Boating in the morning is safest. The wind picks up in the afternoon and an occasional afternoon thundershower is not uncommon. One beautiful sunny day I rented a ski boat and we motored out to Emerald Bay. The weather suddenly turned on us in the afternoon. Lightening started striking the mountains around us and I had visions of capsizing as the waves splashed over the bow and into the boat.
My passengers started getting grumpy (none of whom knew how to operate a boat so they had no basis for complaint). Nonetheless, I started feeling a bit like Captain Queeg in the Caine Mutiny, and only started relaxing when, thanks to my nerves of steel at the helm, I got the boat safely back to the marina without a mutiny by my passengers.
For those who want to be out on the lake, but the thrill of boating in a tiny exposed boat while lightening is striking all over the lake, is not their cup of tea, they should try the Tahoe Queen, a fake steamboat that can be boarded at Tahoe City.
Phone: (530) 583-3225
View from bike path along Truckee River, CA
The North Lake Tahoe area has paved a network of bike paths, allowing a bicyclist to safely ride from Tahoe City to Squaw Valley to the northwest, past Dollar Point to the east, and past Homewood to the south.
Hop on your bike and peddle to Squaw Valley in the summer for an afternoon jazz concert, or ice skating at the top of the cable car.
More Reviews (37)
- Stand up Paddle (SUP) at Lake Tahoe
- See All Tahoe Rim Trail
- See All Cozy Old Tahoe Cabin
- See All How's this for a vegetarian dish?
- See All You can try this at home
karenincalifornia's Related Pages
Tahoe City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tahoe City, California"
- "Tahoe City"
- "North Shore Splendour"
- "Lake Tahoe: A Place for Summer and Winter Fun!"
- "North Shore Lake Tahoe- Under Construction- Check"
- "The mouth of Tahoe"
- "Lake Tahoe by a Family That Lives There"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tahoe City
- Hotels in Tahoe City
- Transportation in Tahoe City
- Nightlife in Tahoe City
- Restaurants in Tahoe City
- Shopping in Tahoe City
- Warnings and Dangers in Tahoe City
- See All...
Explore the World
- Province of Ilocos Sur Hotels
- Lake George
- Carolina Beach Hotels
- Black Rock Mountain State Park Hotels
- Macao Hotels
Badges & Stats in Tahoe City
- 39 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Tahoe City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tahoe City
Photos in Tahoe CitySee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 70 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Rafael Intro, 53 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 43 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Todi Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Montenegro Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tahoe City Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Rome Intro, 38 reviews, 41 photos
- Estado de Nayarit Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 30 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue