"San Rafael CA" Top 5 Page for this destination San Rafael by karenincalifornia
San Rafael Travel Guide: 154 reviews and 346 photos
San Rafael, California lies about 20 minutes north of San Francisco, across the Golden Gate bridge.
This city, which now has a population of 56,000, had its beginnings in 1817 as a town built around the Mission San Rafael Archangel. It was later incorporated in 1874.
The San Rafael area is loaded with natural beauty. After living the urban life for 13 years in Los Angeles, the comparatively rural setting in San Rafael is pure heaven for me.
Our state flower is the California poppy. Beginning in March, this beautiful flower is abundant throughout Marin.
This picture shows the beautiful valley in North San Rafael that is my home.
- Pros:Mediterranean type weather, beautiful scenery, local news that reads like a comedy
- Cons:No ice skating rink, NIMBYism
- In a nutshell:If you look deep enough, you'll find more than just hot tubs and alfalfa sprouts here.
China Camp State Park is an excellent spot for launching a stand up paddleboard into San Pablo Bay, which is in the... more travel advice
McNear's Beach is a very easy spot for launching a stand up paddleboard. This is part of the Marin County Park system.... more travel advice
- See All Even more extreme than San Francisco
- See All Italian Street Painting Festival
- See All You might find that LP you've been...
- See All Yummy Korean food - and lots of it!
- See All Know the secret password
karenincalifornia's Related Pages
San Rafael Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Rafael CA"
- "Once upon a time this was home sweet home"
- "San Rafael - Hub of Marin"
- "A week in San Rafael"
- "A little HAWAIIAN in San Rafael"
- "A Little Bit of Hawaii - VT Luau, July 26, 2003"
- "Loony Lu'au and a Weekend to beat all."
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Rafael
- Hotels in San Rafael
- Transportation in San Rafael
- Nightlife in San Rafael
- Restaurants in San Rafael
- Shopping in San Rafael
- Warnings and Dangers in San Rafael
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in San Rafael
- 53 Reviews
- 79 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 56 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to San Rafael?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Rafael
- Posted in Travel San Juan Forum "Re: Safest and most reliable way..."
- Wrote a Review Stand up Paddle (SUP) at China Camp in San Rafael Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Photo to "Stand up Paddle (SUP) at China Camp"
- updated a San Rafael Travel Page "San Rafael CA"
- Commented on one of Martin_S.'s San Rafael travel pages
Photos in San RafaelSee All Photos (79)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 70 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Rafael Intro, 53 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 43 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Todi Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Montenegro Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tahoe City Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Rome Intro, 38 reviews, 41 photos
- Estado de Nayarit Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 30 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest San Rafael hotel reviews
- Embassy Suites Hotel San Rafael-Marin County/Conference Center
- 241 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- North Bay Inn San Rafael
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 15, 2013
- Four Points By Sheraton San Rafael
- 239 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013