"Napa Valley" Top 5 Page for this destination Napa by karenincalifornia
Napa Travel Guide: 453 reviews and 1,306 photos
The name "Napa" is associated with some of the finest wines in the world - for good reason. Napa Valley produces many of the most highly sought after award winning wines.
The wine industry is a booming one for California. If you visit the Napa Valley, you'll understand how huge the industry is when you see the miles of vineyards that stretch practically from the San Francisco Bay to the mountains the separate Napa from Lake County in the north.
The picture above was taken from the floor of the valley between Napa and Yountville, looking westward to the hills that divide Napa from Sonoma County.
Napa produces a wide variety of grapes for wines. The different varietals typically come from specific regions, each of which has its own microclimate. The southern part of Napa, known as the Carneros District, which has a cooler climate, is famous for its chardonnay and pinot noir grapes. The central and northern parts of Napa, with their warmer temperatures, produce some of the best cabernet sauvignon, merlot and cabernet franc grapes in the world.
Napa Valley has become of favorite spot for special occasions - weddings, retirement parties, milestone birthdays, and anniversaries. My family is lucky enough to live 45 minutes from Napa (although my kids will say living so close to the wine country belongs in the minus column). The proximity of our home to Napa makes the Napa area a great place for weekend getaways.
- Pros:Green, fantastic wineries making world class wines, fun bed & breafast places and inns
- Cons:Hot in summer, too much traffic (for that reason I prefer Sonoma and Mendocino), too many wineries that charge a tasting fee
- In a nutshell:Serene and bucolic - an ideal spot for a special occasion
This spring, the gusty winds have been nonstop in the Bay Area and around Tomales Point. Gusts around 30 mph are no fun... more travel advice
My husband ordered mussels at Angele and got this huge bowl of mussels cooked in a delicious broth. He said they were... more travel advice
- New meaning for the term "General Store"
- See All Laird Family Estate Winery
- Wildfires in California
karenincalifornia's Related Pages
Napa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE CALIFORNIA WINE COUNTRY"
- "Napa Valley - A Wine Lover's Paradise!"
- "Napa Valley"
- "Napa: Gateway to America's Premier Wine Region"
- "Spectacular Napa!"
- "Wine... wine... and more wine!"
- "Napa Valley-Home of Great Wine and The CIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Napa
- Hotels in Napa
- Transportation in Napa
- Nightlife in Napa
- Restaurants in Napa
- Shopping in Napa
- Warnings and Dangers in Napa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Napa
- 20 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Napa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Napa
- Posted in Travel San Juan Forum "Re: Safest and most reliable way..."
- updated a Napa Travelogue "Stand up paddle (SUP) on the Napa River"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Stand up paddle (SUP) on the Napa River"
- Wrote a Review Stand up paddle (SUP) on the Napa River about High Water Stand Up Paddle Napa Valley in Napa Things to Do
- Commented on one of Herkbert's Napa travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 70 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Rafael Intro, 53 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 43 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Todi Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Montenegro Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tahoe City Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Rome Intro, 38 reviews, 41 photos
- Estado de Nayarit Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 30 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue