"Talkin' 'Bout Mill Valley" Mill Valley by karenincalifornia
Mill Valley Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 41 photos
If you are as old as I am, the mention of "Mill Valley" may remind you that once, long, long ago, there was a hit song called "Mill Valley" sung by some elementary school kids. The song was written by Rita Abrams, a kindergarten teacher at Strawberry Point Elementary School in the Mill Valley Elementary School District. She then recorded it with the 4th grade class at Strawberry Point. The song went on to become a nationwide hit.
If I were a visitor to Marin County, California, I think Mill Valley would be my favorite Marin town. It has a charming town center with cute boutique shops and fun bistros and cafes. It's only minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge. To the west are hundreds of miles of hiking trails. Muir Woods, with its beautiful redwood forest is just over the hills on the western side of the town.
As a resident of Marin County, I enjoy coming to Mill Valley for the world reknown Mill Valley Film Festival, the stunning hiking trails and the fantastic restaurants. Mill Valley also has an excellent city attorney!
- Pros:Some of the best restaurants in Marin, wonderful boutique shops, gateway to beautiful hikes
- Cons:While not the coldest or foggiest, it is colder and foggier than other parts of Marin
- In a nutshell:Not to be missed if you are traveling through Marin County
Winter is the best time to take the Steep Ravine hike. A good part of the hike goes along a creek. Because of change in... more travel advice
Steep Ravine hiking trail is only 3.5 miles long but it will give you a good workout. The trail has many steps - you... more travel advice
karenincalifornia's Related Pages
Mill Valley Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Talkin' 'Bout Mill Valley"
- "Jessicadf's Mill Valley Page"
- "Mill Valley - A little gem"
- "Talkin' Bout Mill Valley"
- "A small town stop over before the Redwood Nat'l"
- "Mill Valley - Land of Pretentiousness"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mill Valley
- Hotels in Mill Valley
- Restaurants in Mill Valley
- Shopping in Mill Valley
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mill Valley
- 5 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Mill Valley?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mill Valley
Photos in Mill ValleySee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 70 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Rafael Intro, 53 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 43 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Todi Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Montenegro Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tahoe City Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Rome Intro, 38 reviews, 41 photos
- Estado de Nayarit Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 30 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue