"Healdsburg, California" Top 5 Page for this destination Healdsburg by karenincalifornia
Healdsburg Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 260 photos
When I look at a wine list in Europe it always amuses me to see how the wines are listed and described. Often, I'll see a long list of French and Italian wines, some German wines, and then a very small number of "New World Wines", with California, Chile, Argentina, New Zealand, and Australia all lumped together.
I'm dedicating this page to all New World Wines. It has taken us a century or two, but in my opinion, California, Washington, Oregon, Canada, Argentina, Chile, Australia and New Zealand have all finally really "made it" in the wine world. Our wines compete with the best of them from all over the world. If you are in Northern California and you like wine, our beautiful wine country is not to be missed.
Each valley and hill of the California wine country is distinctive and produces its own unique grape. It is difficult for me to say which subregion is my favorite, but one of my favorites is the Dry Creek Appellation just west of Healdsburg.
My earliest Dry Creek pictures were taken when we took my co-worker and friend, Gabi from Munich, up to visit the wine country. After this trip, she became a convert and declared California wines to be just as good as German wines (but different)!
I'm also including some pictures from my last trip to Dry Creek in June 2005 as I bicycled along Dry Creek road while my husband was shopping in Healdsburg.
- Pros:Peaceful, serene, fantastic wines, unique wineries
- Cons:Can get hot in summer, but then again, some of the grapes love that. No real cons at all here.
- In a nutshell:Come here and buy the California wine. Or simply order it over the internet. Help eliminate the California deficit.
A less pricey alternative to Oakville Grocery Store is the Dry Creek General Store located very close to the Dry Creek... more travel advice
Maybe this is a good time to go through the Do's and Don't's of wine tasting: Don't sidle up to someone standing at the... more travel advice
karenincalifornia's Related Pages
Healdsburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Picture-Perfect Town--Healdsburg!"
- "A Less Crowded Weekend in the Wine Country"
- "Wineries Galore!"
- "Healdsburg, California"
- "2 Nights in Healdsburg in September"
- "Healdsburg - Former Prune & Hop Town"
- "One Night Stay in Northern Sonoma"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Healdsburg
- Hotels in Healdsburg
- Transportation in Healdsburg
- Restaurants in Healdsburg
- Shopping in Healdsburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Healdsburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Healdsburg
- 12 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Healdsburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Healdsburg
Photos in HealdsburgSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 70 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Rafael Intro, 53 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 43 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Todi Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Montenegro Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tahoe City Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Rome Intro, 38 reviews, 41 photos
- Estado de Nayarit Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 30 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue