"Kamenari, Montenegro" Kamenari by karenincalifornia
Kamenari Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 39 photos
The town of Kamenari sits on the shores of the Bay of Kotor and is about 30 minutes east of Herceg-Novi. Kamenari is a poor town which is not particularly noted for much of anything, other than being on one side of the Kamenari-Lepetani car ferry route across the narrow neck of the Bay of Kotor.
On our visit to Montenegro, this quaint town was the place where we spent most of our time. Our Serbian cousins own a house in Kamenari, and we spent several days of our vacation with them. In fact, you can see their 18th century house in this picture. It is the stone building behind and just to the right of the car ferry in the picture.
Our children, Danny and Melanie, had a wonderful time with Gaga (13), Mina (11) and Anna (8). Gaga, like other children his age in Serbia, has studied English since age 8 and did a very good job communicating with us. When he returned to school in the fall, he had to write a paper on the things he did over the summer holiday. He wrote that he had visitors from America and he helped entertain them. His mother told us poor Gaga was a bit upset that his friends refused to believe that Gaga actually SPOKE English to us!
Gaga, you were fantastic! We understood everything you told us - please tell this to your friends in Novi Sad!
Mina and Anna spoke far less English, since they were younger than Dragan. For many months, they looked forward to meeting my daughter, but they were concerned about the lack of ability to communicate. Mina's mother told them, "Don't worry. Melanie speaks English and you can speak English to her."
Mina replied, "But we don't speak Melanie's English. We learn England English in school, but she's American and we don't know how to speak American English!"
In the end the language barrier proved to be no barrier at all. The children communicated in their own way and constantly played all sorts of games. They showed the adults how the language barrier can be broken with lots of fun and laughter!
- Pros:Quick way to get across the Bay of Kotor
- Cons:No other reason to linger here unless, like us, you have family
- In a nutshell:Just a place with a trajekt (car ferry)
I asked my daughter what her favorite part of our summer 2004 vacation was. She told me that it was the time spent in... more travel advice
Many of the buildings in Kamenari date back to the 18th century. Homes have been passed down from generation to... more travel advice
karenincalifornia's Related Pages
Kamenari Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kamenari, Montenegro"
- "Welcome to Kamenari"
- "Kamenari, Montenegro"
- "Pansion "Lepa_Vlajna""
- "Ferry-boat in Boka Kotorska"
- "Kamenari - Lepetane"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kamenari
- Transportation in Kamenari
- Restaurants in Kamenari
- Warnings and Dangers in Kamenari
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kamenari
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Kamenari?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kamenari
Photos in KamenariSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 70 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Rafael Intro, 53 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 43 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Todi Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Montenegro Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tahoe City Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Rome Intro, 38 reviews, 41 photos
- Estado de Nayarit Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 30 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue