"Bar, Montenegro" Top 5 Page for this destination Bar by karenincalifornia

Bar Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 81 photos

For our 2004 trip to Montenegro, Bar was our point of entry and point of departure. We took the Bar-Bari ferry overnight from Italy to Montenegro. The cost was far less than flying, but finding information about the ferry service was next to impossible in the United States.

Fortunately, we know several Serb-Americans who have taken this ferry and they highly recommended it. We were told not to agonize too much about buying tickets in advance (which we could not do from the US) -- we should just show up and get on the boat. (This is very much the Montenegro way of doing things.) Although the trip from Italy to Montenegro was fraught with delays and took us about 5 more hours than we expected, in the end, the ferry ride was worth it.

If anyone wants to try this mode of transportation between Italy and Montenegro, feel free to drop me a note. Unless you live in Italy or Montenegro, it is difficult to get details, but I am happy to help if I can.

• Pros:Has a port if you want to travel from Italy by boat
  • Cons:The city itself is depressed and suffers from a poor economy
  • Last visit to Bar: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 15, 2005

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2005 at 8:26 AM

I have just booked the ferry from Ancona to Bar for July 16th as with a car it is better to book in advance. I hope, no I am sure, we will have a great time in Crna Gora and later driving back home along the Dalmatian coast.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2005 at 5:02 PM

More hot photos from Karenincalifornia. NIce little page, KBeth.

karenincalifornia

“Happy hours . . . timeless friends”

Badges & Stats in Bar