Dubrovnik Restaurant Tips by karenincalifornia
Dubrovnik Restaurants: 178 reviews and 249 photos
So many choices! Ice cream in Dubrovnik
There are several places in Dubrovnik where you can buy ice cream (or “gelato” in Italian, “sladoled” in Croatian). The Dubrovnik ice cream in 2004 was much improved over the ice cream in 1986.
Get yourself a scoop or two to cool yourself down after walking around those city walls.
Comparison: least expensive
Price: less than US$10
Restaurant Adria in Dubrovnik
If I am wrong about this tip, please feel free to correct me!
I don't mean to complain, but I found the the restaurants in Dubrovnik to be very mediocre compared to all the other places I have been to in Croatia and former Yugoslavia. This is my opinion after not one trip to Dubrovnik, but two.
We tried about 6 restaurants in old town Dubrovnik in 1986 - all were mediocre. We tried two in 2004 and had the same experience.
Favorite Dish: Most of the restaurants in Dubrovnik serve local or Italian cuisine. In one restaurant we unknowingly ordered a thin overcooked beefsteak with a fried egg on top. In another we had bland tasting fish that left me a little ill. In still another, we had unmemorable pasta. In yet another, we ate tasteless tomatoes.
Mediocre food aside, the atmosphere of all these restaurants is extremely charming. I did enjoy the outdoor tables tucked away in alleys - very medieval looking.
The food just wasn't anything to write home about (but here I am writing about it anyway). It was also overpriced. The cost of lunch for 4 was equivalent to 4 traffic tickets.
Comparison: about average
More Reviews (27)
- See All Beware of tourists
- See All A good place for teenagers....
- See All Jesuit Church
- See All Wine shop on the Stradun
karenincalifornia's Related Pages
Dubrovnik Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DUBROVNIK , the Pearl of Croatia"
- "Dubrovnik and the beauty inside"
- "Dubrovnik - Ragusa"
- "Divine Dubrovnik"
- "Unavoidable Dubrovnik"
- "A Lovely Village Inside a Wall"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dubrovnik
- Hotels in Dubrovnik
- Transportation in Dubrovnik
- Nightlife in Dubrovnik
- Restaurants in Dubrovnik
- Shopping in Dubrovnik
- Warnings and Dangers in Dubrovnik
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dubrovnik
- 29 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Dubrovnik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dubrovnik
- Posted in Travel San Juan Forum "Re: Safest and most reliable way..."
- Commented on one of lubyatoo's Dubrovnik travel pages
- updated a Dubrovnik Travel Page "A Run-in with the Law at Dubrovnik"
- Uploaded a Photo to "I Sladoled U sladoled we all sladoled 4 sladoled"
- Wrote a Review Beware of tourists about tourists in Dubrovnik Warnings and Dangers
Photos in DubrovnikSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 70 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Rafael Intro, 53 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 43 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Todi Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Montenegro Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tahoe City Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Rome Intro, 38 reviews, 41 photos
- Estado de Nayarit Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 30 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- City walls- 110 Reviews, 217 Photos
- Old City- 85 Reviews, 155 Photos
- Stradun- 41 Reviews, 85 Photos
- Island of Lokrum- 21 Reviews, 48 Photos
- Franciscan Monastery- 25 Reviews, 78 Photos
- Walking- 30 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Fort Lovrijenac- 23 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Big Onofrije's Fountain- 26 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Old Port- 24 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Gates of Pile- 27 Reviews, 40 Photos
See All Dubrovnik Things to Do