Dubrovnik Restaurant Tips by karenincalifornia

Dubrovnik Restaurants: 180 reviews and 249 photos

So many choices! Ice cream in Dubrovnik - Dubrovnik

So many choices! Ice cream in Dubrovnik

I Sladoled U sladoled we all sladoled 4 sladoled

There are several places in Dubrovnik where you can buy ice cream (or “gelato” in Italian, “sladoled” in Croatian). The Dubrovnik ice cream in 2004 was much improved over the ice cream in 1986.

Get yourself a scoop or two to cool yourself down after walking around those city walls.

Comparison: least expensive

Price: less than US$10

Rating: 5

Theme: Dessert

• Updated Jan 18, 2005
Restaurant Adria in Dubrovnik - Dubrovnik

Restaurant Adria in Dubrovnik

Restaurants in general in Dubrovnik: No good recommendations!

If I am wrong about this tip, please feel free to correct me!

I don't mean to complain, but I found the the restaurants in Dubrovnik to be very mediocre compared to all the other places I have been to in Croatia and former Yugoslavia. This is my opinion after not one trip to Dubrovnik, but two.

We tried about 6 restaurants in old town Dubrovnik in 1986 - all were mediocre. We tried two in 2004 and had the same experience.

Favorite Dish: Most of the restaurants in Dubrovnik serve local or Italian cuisine. In one restaurant we unknowingly ordered a thin overcooked beefsteak with a fried egg on top. In another we had bland tasting fish that left me a little ill. In still another, we had unmemorable pasta. In yet another, we ate tasteless tomatoes.

Mediocre food aside, the atmosphere of all these restaurants is extremely charming. I did enjoy the outdoor tables tucked away in alleys - very medieval looking.

The food just wasn't anything to write home about (but here I am writing about it anyway). It was also overpriced. The cost of lunch for 4 was equivalent to 4 traffic tickets.

Comparison: about average

Price: US$11-20

Rating: 2

Theme: Local

• Written Jan 13, 2005

karenincalifornia

“Happy hours . . . timeless friends”

Badges & Stats in Dubrovnik

Have you been to Dubrovnik?

Top 10 Dubrovnik Things to Do