"Wineries, Ski Resorts, Beverly Hills East" Top 5 Page for this destination Connecticut by karenincalifornia

Connecticut Travel Guide: 1,595 reviews and 4,387 photos

Don't you mean California?

No, I definitely do mean Connecticut. Did you know that you can come here for the wineries, ski resorts and rich and famous sightings? I was intrigued as I was killing time in Connecticut between a business meeting in White Plains, NY and a weekend with my ex-roommate in Connecticut. I picked a route through Litchfield County in Connecticut.

I had many burning questions. Is Connecticut wine drinkable? Is it possible to get altitude sickness on a Connecticut ski slope? If I buy postage stamps at the Litchfield post office, will I see Meryl Streep?

Yes, I did get my questions answered....

• Pros:Beautiful countryside, rolling hills, quaint towns, white Protestant churches
  • Cons:A state of scandals
  • In a nutshell:Where the right look is pressed but rugged, classic but effortless, casual yet put together . . . not like California (puhleeeze) . . . a sign of wealth and class is to be a man with a woman's name that ends in Y.
  • Last visit to Connecticut: Jan 2006
  • Intro Updated May 26, 2006

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2008 at 6:10 AM

Interesting page. I especially like your running commentary and opinions. Good stuff. Cheers, Bill

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Good to see you made a few comments on CT wine - VA wine might be similar? I also liked the idea of getting scalped at Mohawk ;-]

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2007 at 12:06 PM

Your left coast style plays well on east coast destinations, KCC. The inn at New Haven looks great, and I laughed about the Burgher joint. Around here, one does NOT take a vegetarian to a burger joint. :)

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2007 at 5:16 AM

Fun coming back with more ratings and review. Love your descriptions...big bang out of your Conn. in a nutshell. Wishing for more...I really like Conn. Should create more pages on it.

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2006 at 7:17 AM

Really nice page - a beautiful area with lots of historical sites as well as pubby restaurants and upscale shopping. You have done it proud. >~!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2006 at 1:10 AM

Yes, Being First is a big thing around there. Mine is not one of the First Families, nor did I go to the First Law School or the First Church, but at least I am the First Visitor to your new page, so I can hold my head up high when I visit Connecticut.

karenincalifornia

“Happy hours . . . timeless friends”

Badges & Stats in Connecticut

Have you been to Connecticut?

Latest Activity in Connecticut