"Perugia, Dolci and Jazz" Top 5 Page for this destination Perugia by karenincalifornia

Perugia Travel Guide: 133 reviews and 373 photos

Home of the Umbria Jazz Festival

When I mentioned to other VT members that I was traveling to Umbria, just about everyone said I must visit Perugia. Croisbeauty told me I should try to visit Perugia during the Umbrian Jazz Festival held in July. Imagine my delight when I discovered that the Jazz Festival and my stay in Umbria would overlap!

We arranged our sightseeing around Umbria so that we visited Perugia on the first day of the Jazz Festival. The city was filled with energy as preparations were made for the opening.

Thank you, croisbeauty, for your excellent recommendation!

• Pros:Good museums, excellent exhibits of art and culture, not tacky, upscale shopping
  • Cons:More expensive than the smaller Italian towns, a bit more crowded
  • In a nutshell:Exciting and energetic! I enjoyed being part of the action.
  • Last visit to Perugia: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 3, 2005

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2010 at 6:01 PM

I studied at Università per Stranieri back in 1985! It was so much fun reading your tips as I have got very few photos from Perugia and none of the University. A trip down memory lane :)

• hundwalder's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2006 at 7:15 AM

Excellent tips and photos.Tuscany and Umbria are definately on my future travel list. Thanks for visiting my Slovenia pages. ciao !

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2005 at 10:00 AM

Did you try the Perugian chocolate--a must for chocolate lovers. We loved visiting there many,many years ago. Thanks for giving me a chance to see it again...your photos and commentary were great!

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2005 at 6:34 AM

One of the prettiest towns in Umbria. It definetly looks like its worth a visit.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2005 at 10:36 AM

What a great place for a summer jazz festival! I was in Birmingham (England) several summers during their jazz festival -- the best week of the year to be there, I'm told. It was really nice, but Perugia looks sooo much more picturesque.

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2005 at 4:52 PM

When we visited athe National Gallery of Umbria, we were not required to check anything. We couldn't take photos but that's pretty standard in Italy. The extra care must have been for the jazz festival since it's so busy.

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2005 at 12:36 PM

My dog likes cats too!! .... to chase :-\ Fine colleciton of tips.

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2005 at 1:28 PM

What a beautiful town! Excellent page!! And stop putting pictures of chocolate cakes on your VT pages!!! It's the middle of the afternoon here, my diner is hours away, and now my stomach is grumbling..... All your fault!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2005 at 10:10 AM

Well, Karen, I know already that I like your husband because he adores cats. (so does my husband)! we also ate at LaLanterna!! You saw much more of Perugia than we did, however. Excellent pages..enjoyable reading & viewing.

• royalempress's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2005 at 4:18 PM

Love your photos. We will be visiting Perugia next year. Darn, we will miss the Jazz Festival. Mike

karenincalifornia

“Happy hours . . . timeless friends”

Badges & Stats in Perugia

Have you been to Perugia?